ad: Alphaant-1

A quad band with 220mhz under $100

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, May 21, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. N8FF

N8FF Ham Member QRZ Page

and then I find the Anytone AT-6666 which seems to be a 'hell" of a rig, a new 10 meter SSB/FM/AM for $200 ish. Marketed as a "CB" but does cover cover 10 and 11 meters. And 60 watts out on SSB. Could be the camels nose under the tent

2. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

I just ordered one of these, should be here is a couple of days. I'll put it on the service monitor and check it out on all of the bands, both TX and RX.

AK5B, W4KSL and AF7EC like this.
  3. W4KSL

W4KSL Ham Member QRZ Page

It sure appears to transmit on all 4 bands going by the video when he aimed the camera at the meter. Post a small review if you can. If it does transit "out of the box" on 220 I may order one.

4. WA6AM

WA6AM Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking forward to the K7JEM report! Some good info and opinions here thanks guys.
    73 to all.

5. N8FF

N8FF Ham Member QRZ Page

It appears to be a rebranded QYT-7900 and those appear to transmit of 220 but according to reviewers it doesn't do it well, RX is alleged to be poor.

6. KG7YSE

KG7YSE Ham Member QRZ Page

Give it a month or two. I HAD a Btech UV-5001, great features, sounded good according to other hams but would only last a month or so. I Got another one under warranty, same issue after 5 months. Last one lasted 3 months then it was out of warranty. The seller, Btech on Amazon blames SWR on EVERYTHING even though mine was checked using two different meters on all 3 radios and SWR was fine.
    I gave up.

7. AJ5F

AJ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

Hope it works better than the QYT KT-980. Mine lasted 6 months and then suddenly no output. Either finals or switching diodes are blown. No schematics or repair outlets and the local repair guru didn't have a clue, so I'm out $150. Chinese radios are not the best. Save up a few more bucks and get a Yaesu, a Kenwood or an Icom.

AK5B likes this.
  8. AK5B

AK5B XML Subscriber QRZ Page

After reading more of these "only lasted a month or two" posts I think I'll save up for an YaeKenIcom or Elecraft transverter instead if I decide to get on 220. Thanks, guys!

The Chinese are better at cuisine than they are at radios, apparently.

9. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

For 220 FM, I really like my Alinco DR235. Solid, reliable, excellent audio. And it can do packet too.

I would not bother with a Chinese radio.

10. NJ1S

NJ1S Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems like a nice little radio. The only issue I see is when I went to check the cost is said receive I didn't see quad transceiver? Also the specs state it transmits into the police and government frequencies. However 1.25cm band with 25 whiskeys is very nice !

11. K9WW

K9WW Ham Member QRZ Page

12. K9WW

K9WW Ham Member QRZ Page

I just clicked ND5Y's link for the Baofeng and under the heading "Features" the last line reads "Remote Stun/Kill". Isn't that a bit harsh?

K9WW

13. ND5Y

ND5Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Only if you don't know what it is.

14. VA7UO

VA7UO Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi to all, the 350-390 Mhz is the uplink for the U.S. South Pacific fleet so no, don't go there. I have had one mobile for three months, no intermod.

Glenn, VE6ND

15. VA7UO

VA7UO Ham Member QRZ Page

Not garbage, this radio is
    I tested this radio and spectral purity is really good on this radio. This radio is intermod free and gives good audio.

VE6ND