ad: MLSons-1

A quad band with 220mhz under $100

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, May 21, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WA9YOZ

WA9YOZ Ham Member QRZ Page

2. N1WLD

N1WLD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmmmmmm? It wasn't all that long ago when U.S. hams didn't want anything to do with those " Cheap Japanese Radios"!

3. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

That was about 40 years ago. ;)

KD8YQC likes this.
  4. W5DRO

W5DRO Ham Member QRZ Page

Guess you got a diffrent radio.. [​IMG]

5. W5DRO

W5DRO Ham Member QRZ Page

This radio is a complete waste. No Filtering of any kind. does transmit on all 4 bands as it shows.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. W5TXR

W5TXR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well....The old saying.."You get what you pay for"
    These should not be allowed to be sold here. They can transmit on public safety, business not to mention transmitting an FM signal in the UHF aircraft band which is strictly reserved for AM! As soon as amazon gets more of these I'm going to order one and do my own testing looks like W5DRO has already answered some questions, the spectrum analyzer doesn't lie.

73's -Art

"What's in Your Ham Shack?" - MAL

7. KB1QHM

KB1QHM Guest

I was going to say we don't have privileges in the 350 mhz band hear in the USA. you musty be on 2 meter band 2 as in Europe

8. W1GHR

W1GHR Ham Member QRZ Page

9. W1GHR

W1GHR Ham Member QRZ Page

QYT makes one also. It is called QYT 7900-D and it goes around the same price. I have one, and I have been getting good reviews on it. Of course you can only listen in on the 300mhz since, it is aviation frequency.
    73's
    Glenn
    W1GHR

W6NYA likes this.
  10. KG5SFT

KG5SFT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I got one. Im happy with mine. To each his own. Not everyone can drop $300 + on equipment. If you can great. im enjoying the hobby.

73s
    KG5SFT

W4KSL and KG7FIU like this.
  11. KM6GTS

KM6GTS Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought a BTECH MINI UV-25X4 from Amazon. I was having a blast with it on repeaters as base and while mobile. One evening 22 days into using it, in the middle of a conversation, the fan took off and I guess the final let go. No output, just a bit from the previous stage I could hear on my HT. Nothing getting out.

That night it went back on the 30 day return. I wrestled with replacing it, thinking lightning never strikes twice, right? I bought an Icom.

Programming was a breeze with Chirp. I just pasted my HT list of entries and uploaded. I did like the FRS, GMRS, and other bands capability for, you know, emergencies.

The model in the post is a bit less in cost. That is tempting.

Bryan
    KM6GTS

12. KG7FIU

KG7FIU Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, the spectral purity isn't that clean. Get that.

But on a typical day I do about 98% listening/monitoring and about 2% transmitting.
    Making multi-band access more affordable and available to the masses -- that's a decent trend and a good thing, I think.

Maybe not quite the "abomination" some might suggest...

W6NYA likes this.
  13. W5TAH

W5TAH Ham Member QRZ Page

So you admit to breaking the rules 2% of the time. I am sure Laura Smith would be happy to hear that you only break the rules 2% of the time. Its this attitude that threatens all amateur radio activities on the bands..

N3AB likes this.
  14. W5TAH

W5TAH Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a hobby. Hobbies cost money. Continuing to using equipment that has been proven not to be pure and has been shown to be a generator of interference is willful malicious interference. To each his own is not in the in correct spirit of amateur radio where we are self policing. You and any one that has this radio need to stop using it.

N3AB likes this.
  15. N1ART

N1ART Guest

Tried searching for the model number and nothing,not even on ebay.
    Liked the LT-725UV dual band,very cute radio thats the size of an 8-track tape!