ad: elecraft

13 COLONIES SPECIAL EVENT

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KU2US, Jun 22, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KJ7ZEI

KJ7ZEI Ham Member QRZ Page

My first special event was great! Thanks to all of those who made it happen!

I didn't get the bonus stations. That's ok because I did get all 13 states. If it weren't for great station operators in a few of those states, that worked my faint signal hard, I would have been short. I'll participate again next year.

N4FZ likes this.
  2. W5AKK

W5AKK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

First of all I want to say a big "Thank you!" to all who made this special event possible. This was the first event I have ever participated in that I was seriously trying to be successful at and I had such a great time! I got 12 in four hours of search and pounce on Saturday. Just as I was about to have to stop for the day, I heard GB13 really well (59+) but he was doing a little rag chewing. I waited as long as I could but unfortunately I had to leave before I could attempt a contact. I was able to finally get the 13th (K2L) on Sunday and WM3PEN Monday afternoon. Never could pull GB13 nor TM13 out of the noise again. Oh well, it gives me something to try to improve upon next time. Super fun and I can't wait for the next event!

N4FZ and W1VKE like this.
  3. W4JFA

W4JFA Ham Member QRZ Page

Great event! Thank you to all.

N4FZ likes this.
  4. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked all 13 + WM3PEN + TM13COL on 20m CW, but I did not hear GB13COL on CW on any band for the duration of the event.

N4FZ likes this.
  5. K2DFC

K2DFC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

About to fill in the log sheet. It offers an ADIF download. So I created an ADIF file of the qso's. Hit the Browse button next to where the log info goes. And nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

6. NT9W

NT9W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I ended up mailing out a new application with another $5 today, as it was the easiest route for all involved. I don't mind donating $5. Heck, I'm already out $16 in postage for the QSO cards, plus $6 in green stamps for the two foreign bonus stations, plus 32 envelopes. LOL!

W5BIB and K3UJ like this.
  7. K2WPM

K2WPM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wondering if you have the fields in adif as listed right under the button?
    call
    qso_date
    time_on
    freq (or band)
    rst_rcvd
    mode
    Suggest fill in the fillable form. Takes less than 5 minutes.
    Eazy peazy.

David, K2WPM
    K2B Coordinator 2021

8. K2WPM

That's the ham spirit. Ur the best.
    David, K2WPM
    K2B Coordinator 2021

K3UJ and NT9W like this.
  9. K2DFC

I ended up filling by hand. The ADIF is a great concept. But if it doesn't work it's of no use.

10. N5AF

N5AF Ham Member QRZ Page

The ADIF form upload worked fine for me. I uploaded my ADIF exported from N1MM+ which I use for all contest or event logging.

11. K2DFC

I use N3FJP. I upload all my contest logs into the main log and they work just fine. Selecting the 13 Colonies QSO's into an ADIF they wouldn't populate the form. All the needed info was there. But this is not my area of expertise. Had to do it the old fashion way.

12. K2WPM

Okay, all.
    I spent a little while going through it.
    Here's the deal.
    You can fill in the online form or upload a log, but it still needs to be printed out and hard copy and $5.00 mailed to Ken.
    I know it's not crystal clear, but here's what the instructions say:
    You must PRINT AND DIRECT-MAIL your application. Only Direct. No PayPal.
    So, you don't just upload an online form or a log, and get a certificate in the mail.
    Roger?
    David, K2WPM
    K2B Coordinator 2021

13. K2WPM

By the way, somebody emailed me, why does Ken ask the $5.00 fee.
    1. Cost of printing a full-color certificate.
    2. Cost of mailing.
    3. Envelopes and office supplies.
    4. Covering people who can't afford $5.00.
    5. QSL cards .... thousands and thousands.
    6. Web site creation, maintenance, hosting.
    If Ken has any money left over (unlikely) it's posted for next year.
    For just one state, I'm personally spending about $200 creating full-color certificates, small thank-you awards, and for postage for our great K2B activators.
    No, state coordinators don't get a penny, as somebody asked me.
    We love ham radio, we love our colleagues, and we love our country.
    Vy 73,
    David, K2WPM
    K2B Coordinator 2021

KC3RAA, K5SLO, W5BIB and 1 other person like this.
  14. KU2US

KU2US Ham Member QRZ Page

I did the same thing! I posted K2A-Slow CW! Had fun WHY?? Because I am SLOW! HIHI

15. KJ7ZEI

KJ7ZEI Ham Member QRZ Page

All 27 envelopes went out today. Looking forward to some awesome QSL cards.