ad: chuckmartin

13 COLONIES SPECIAL EVENT

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KU2US, Jun 22, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KU2US

KU2US Ham Member QRZ Page

Join us again from July 1st to July 7th, honoring our nation's birth and our vets/active military on all bands. Prop appears to be getting better, so you should have a great time bagging all "13" and our bonus stations WM3PEN and GB13COL! AND our newest Bonus station! TM13COL from France. The theme this year are the "Tall Sailing Ships of the revolution period". The certificate is adorned with tall ships and each of our State QSL cards also has a significant tall ship also! All certificate requests to KU2US and QSL card requests to each state's QSL manager. All info is on our website "www.13colonies.us" and on KU2US QRZ page.

NA1S, M1WML, KR2W and 7 others like this.
  2. K5UYN

K5UYN Ham Member QRZ Page

Made my very 1st HF contact last year to MD. during 13 Colonies ( 73 Bryan!) and just can’t wait for this year’s Special Event!!! Good Luck on the sweep and BIG 73 to all who make this event SO Special from K5UYN!

M1WML, KF5KWO and N4FZ like this.
  3. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

13 Colonies, Museum Ships Weekend, Lighthouse - Light Ship Weekend and 12 Days of Christmas are the four special events I mark on my calendar. I very much appreciate all of the hard work that goes into these events prior, during and after.

M1WML, W1VKE, K5UYN and 3 others like this.
  4. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow. That would be really cool. Except you guys have a history of not actually sending out the QSL cards! FOUR years and STILL WAITING.

M1WML likes this.
  5. KU2US

4 years and still waiting for what? No SASE? No card! What year? What State? When you make a statement like that, please include more info! Just maybe it can be rectified! Please be specific so your call can be checked against the logs!

M1WML, WG7X, WN1MB and 1 other person like this.
  6. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

Sent out card with SASE as directed. Then AFTER THE EVENT. It was announced that there would not be QSL cards from that station.

M1WML likes this.
  7. KU2US

You are still not telling me "What Station"? I don't remember anything like that? If one station did not have any QSL cards for the event, I would know about it and I would have been plastered with tons of emails, which did not happen! Again, please be specific!

M1WML, WN1MB and N4FZ like this.
  8. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm honestly not sure if you are playing dumb or if you have that bad of a memory. Maybe this will help:

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/13-colonies-special-event-fail-rant.620639/

I complained and someone with the callsign KU2US told me there are far worse things in life and I was just being a "troublemaker and a troll"

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    M1WML likes this.
  9. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

M1WML and KK9W like this.
  10. KU2US

Well guess what! That was not me! Look, I am not going to tie up this thread with stuff about one missing card 4 years ago. I will tell you again and this time get it thru your thick skull! At no time was any state with out QSL cards. They might of ran out, but if that was the case, I would have designed one and had some printed myself. And don't believe what you read on all the threads and forums. Do you know Bob ND7J? I got to much to do and over 200 Operators to coordinate to be wasting my time on something someone says happened four years ago. If you had a bad experience? Then accept my apologies. Now you can move on to the next forum.

KD2SPX, KE4DIS, M1WML and 1 other person like this.
  11. KU2US

By the way, That was K2B and they did have cards made up after that was posted, because I made them up and even sent some out myself.

M1WML likes this.
  12. K2WPM

K2WPM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

K2B has 1,000 QSL cards this year. Ken, if we have massive demand, as K2B Coordinator, I'll volunteer to get extra printed.
    I for one appreciate your efforts to keep this event going for many years.
    You have inspired many of us to volunteer our time for a few hours each year to celebrate our great American heritage.
    We have about 25 people volunteering in Virginia Colony this year.
    From all parts of the state.
    On all bands.
    In all modes. Yes, even chasing the birds this year!
    And this event is so positive, it's fantastic to speak to so many great hams.
    Of course, as I always say, hams are the best!
    David, K2WPM
    K2B Coordinator, 2021

KE4DIS, M1WML, WN1MB and 1 other person like this.
  13. KJ7ZEI

KJ7ZEI Ham Member QRZ Page

As a brand new licencee (3 weeks, tested tech/gen same day) I am looking forward to this event. The other day I took a look at the QSL cards online and they look great! I would frame that and hang it right above my desk.

This would be my first participation in an event. I'm not really sure how I'll git 'er done, but I'm sure gonna give it a go...

M1WML, W9RLG, KJ4BFH and 1 other person like this.
  14. KJ4BFH

KJ4BFH Ham Member QRZ Page

You're going to love it! Last year's 13 colonies was my first contest and it was a blast. This contest and Route 66 are sooo much fun. 73

M1WML, KK9W and KJ7ZEI like this.
  15. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the reminder! I left out Rt. 66 in my earlier post.

M1WML, KJ4BFH and KJ7ZEI like this.