ad: HamHats-1

Droid-Star User Group

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by N2QOJ, Jan 9, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KG5PTE

KG5PTE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes I was using it until I got this message today.

Attached Files:

2. KN6QQO

KN6QQO Ham Member QRZ Page

Check this:

3. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's the text from the description of the YouTube video:

DROIDStar not working after latest update? RX / TX issues? No Audio? Option # 1 Uninstall current (non-working) version of DROID-Star on your android device (Remember to write down your DROID-Star settings information DMR ID etc) Download DROID-Star v0.53beta APK here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AipyfggbEGRUiRFDc... Save Droid-Star v0.53beta APK file to your Android Device Browse on your android device to the APK file and click on APK file to reinstall DROID-Star Once you reinstall from APK you will no longer receive DROID-Star app updates. ******** DROID-Star VOCODER URL UPDATE ******** Option # 2 If you update your DroidStar software to the latest version you will see a new VOCODER box where you can paste the VOCODER URL On the new DroidStar app go to the Settings Tab and at the very bottom of the settings tab paste the URL of the Vocoder plugin. Choose between the ARM or ARM64 plugin for Android . Once you paste the correct plugin in the Vocoder URL box press the button below it labeled “Download Vocoder". You will get a message saying “updating”….check the logs and make sure it downloaded….if so you are set to go! If you still get no audio, try the other ARM plugin. Use a browser app (Google Chrome) on your Android device to go to the plugin, and copy the link for pasting. Loading a plugin on an Android device Visit the below link in your web browser: Press and hold the plugin for your device (arm or arm64) Select 'Copy link address' from the popup menu Open DroidStar and press and hold in the Vocoder URL field to paste the address Press 'Download Vocoder' Loading a plugin on Linux/MacOS You can place the correct plugin in your ~/Downloads folder and DroidStar will copy it to the config directory where settings and host files are located. Once it has been copied, you can remove it from the Downloads folder. If you leave it in the Downloads folder, it will be re-copied every time you start DroidStar. DOWNLOAD VOCODER PLUGINS HERE: http://pizzanbeer.net/plugins/ Android 32-bit ARM: vocoder_plugin.android.arm Android 64-bit ARM: vocoder_plugin.android.arm64 MacOS 64bit x86 platform: vocoder_plugin.darwin.x86_64 Linux 64bit x86 platform: vocoder_plugin.linux.x86_64 Hope this helps. Please subscribe! http://www.qrz.com/db/NB9D Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education and research. Provided by third party and in accordance with the First Amendment.
    [​IMG]
    NB9D
    20 subscribers

KI4FZT/SK2024 and KG5PTE like this.
  4. KI4FZT/SK2024

KI4FZT/SK2024 XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I use Droidstar almost every day, and I don't use it on DMR on anything other than Brandmeister. It is totally inaccurate to say that Droidstar won't work on Brandmeister servers.

5. N3TOW

N3TOW Ham Member QRZ Page

Has anyone ever got the app to work?

6. KF6DGN

KF6DGN Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, use it every day. I work all the modes, DMR, both TGIF and Brandmeister, M-17, P-25, etc. DroidStar is great.

7. N2QOJ

N2QOJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, lots of hams have the app working very well for a very long time. You should visit the support Group and share your issues.

https://groups.io/g/DROID-Star

8. K4DSC

K4DSC Ham Member QRZ Page

Have droid star working. My question is how I setup p25 to work on droid star. I live in South Carolina. what number do I use for host and I'm guessing the TGID is the number the repeater has NAC.

9. YU2MZZ

YU2MZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Is there anyone who knows to whom to apply for a DROID and dude star upgrade?

In order for the app to work perfectly, you only need to add two things:

1. keep the microphone on the input in the app to behave like in the station and receive the range 300hz - 3khz

1. add a limiter so that the microphone signal does not exceed a certain volume

these two things would provide quality voice and so radio amateurs who prefer to use the station and oppose the app could no longer have an argument against people who use the app.

It is true that the sound of voice over radio stations is better, but this is the reason why that voice through the app breaks down.
    Simply too wide a range cannot be processed properly by the encoder and we get a twisted voice that is no more understandable than the radio stations themselves.

The third option that would help is to have some kind of EQ to tweak the microphone because the phones are different, so that can help, but the 48db band paste filter is a solution for the app to work as a radio station.

I hope this information will come in handy.

10. TA2VIC

TA2VIC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi, where do we find the vocoders?

11. AC7WY

AC7WY Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been trying to set mine up and that's what I get too. I have watched just about every YouTube video on it today and am going to try it again tonight. AC7WY 73 Tom