ad: Mountaingoat-1

Ham Radio Deluxe Version 6.4.0.777 Released with Discount

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WA9PIE, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WA9PIE

WA9PIE QRZ Lifetime Member #305 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

"Double-Down on Progress"

HRD Software has just published the seventh release of Ham Radio Deluxe for the 2017 calendar year. Well over 100 changes have been made to Ham Radio Deluxe this year. This includes many long-standing requested fixes and improvements.

To celebrate our progress and our 7th release of the year... we're doubling-down and offering a 14% discount on the purchase of Ham Radio Deluxe software or renewals of Software Maintenance and Support. This promotion will last for 7 days (until 21-Aug-2017 at 0600Z). Use coupon code "777" at checkout.

Release Notes: https://development.hamradiodeluxe.com/changelog_page.php?project_id=0

AA4CB, WM9F, AE9AM and 5 others like this.
  2. K5KNM

K5KNM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm happy to say the HRD support team got the remote server issue fixed for me!

I had it all up and running just fine until a software update about a year ago changed some things and kept it from working.

Hopefully when I install this new update I won't have any issues but I least I know what to look for if it does.

The rest of the program has always seemed to work fine including the DM780 so no complaints there.

I like HRD and will continue to use and support it.

W4ABC likes this.
  3. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Ham Member QRZ Page

Now if only SatTracker would work.

4. W5YAG

W5YAG Ham Member QRZ Page

After the fiasco last year you will never get a dollar from me.

WK0DX, N5ARE, KD9AUY and 4 others like this.
  5. K3FHP

K3FHP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I stopped renewing a couple years ago when an update stopped working correctly with my Eagle and I got no response to s trouble request. I hope things are better now.

6. W4ABC

W4ABC Ham Member QRZ Page

Why guess when you can ask the man at the top?

mike@wa9pie.net

Jon Pearl - W4ABC

7. WO2X

WO2X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

HRD has cleaned house and not the same staff they had back then. They have brought some talented programmers on board and really have been making the software package better. It fits my needs.

8. KA2K

KA2K XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have had quick response from their support team, even on Sunday's, really!!

9. WA9PIE

I'm not positive, but "I think" the problem with it getting updated before was that the installer (setup.exe) didn't stop the remote service in order to update it... so that prevented it from being updated. We've fixed that now. I'm not aware of other problems.

Mike, WA9PIE

10. WA9PIE

I completely respect your point-of-view. We're a completely different company now... if there's anything we can do for you, please let us know.

Mike, WA9PIE

NA7RX likes this.
  11. WA9PIE

I'm reviewing your ticket (#140842) from back on 4/24/2015; posted at about 12:21pm on a Friday. I can see that support was a bit slow in responding. They responded on the following Friday morning 05/01/2015 at 7:00 AM and began working with you to investigate. On 05/12/2015 at 9:35 AM, you responded starting with "Sorry, I missed your reply in the storm of emails".

Tim responded to you on Tim posted 05/12/2015 at 10:17 AM (about 45 minutes after your only reply) and offered to help you again on 05/12/2015 at 5:08 PM. You did not reply after some period of time... so the ticket was closed.

That said... we're here to help you with this or any other trouble you're having. I hope to hear from you.

Yes, things are WAY better now. Our response time to trouble tickets is extremely good... and it sure helps that we have a lot fewer bugs than ever before.

Mike, WA9PIE

12. WA9PIE

That's a good point, Jon... and I hear he's very responsive!

It's a new company now that <that guy> is "at the top."

Mike, WA9PIE
    (by the way... best email to reach me regarding HRD is mike@hrdsoftwarellc.com)

W4ABC likes this.
  13. W5YAG

I think that is only something time can cure. If you have changed things over there then the word will slowly get out. If that does happen I might reconsider it somewhere down the line.

KK5JY and W4ABC like this.
  14. WA9PIE

Actually, word is spreading very quickly. My Inbox has a steady stream of people who have recognized the difference and are thanking us for our service and respect to them as customers. I'm happy to provide some examples... but the bottom line is...

We know we can't demand your trust. We know we have to earn it. I said this in January 2017 when Randy and I took management control of the company... and earning the trust of our customers... AND prospective customers has been a cornerstone of our progress. Progress - in that regard - that we're quite proud of.

I had someone say, "Gosh Mike... that's great... but why didn't the company take this approach before?" The answer is pretty simple - Randy and I weren't running the company before 2017 and had little involvement in day-to-day operations of the company. Old management is gone... there are "new sheriffs in town"... and this is how we're going to run it.

Someone else said recently, "Gosh Mike... you should forget about the past and just focus on the future." That's exactly my plan... and it's exactly what we're doing (until we get side-tracked with a - very valid - comment about how people were treated in the past that no longer reflects the company we are now).

Onward and upward!

Mike, WA9PIE

W6MJS and KK5JY like this.
  15. W5YAG

I totally understand what you are saying Mike but I will believe it when I see it. I haven't seen it yet and that might take a long time but on the other hand I have not heard anything bad since then.

I really do hope what you are saying is true. If so, then I might be a customer a few years down the line. Until then I wish you the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.