ad: elecraft

Brian Crow, K3VR issued $11,500 fine by FCC

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey, that's a great little cartoon.

Is it in the public domain? If not, who do I contact to get permission to use it in a future newsletter article?

2. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't often agree even in part with Dr. Cohen. In this case, however,he's absolutely right on one point.

And yes, I'm well aware of what's been going on over the years on THAT frequency.

Mr. Crow claims he is innocent of the accusation. One IS presumed innocent until found guilty in a court of law, in our nation. He has not been found guilty yet, nor has he indicated that he is guilty of any or all of the accusations.

I know... this isn't a court of law, this is a court of public opinion.

While I can not and will not defend Mr. Crow and/or his alleged actions... until he is found guilty by, in this case, and administrative law judge (assuming he appeals the Notice), or pleads guilty and pays the fine... he deserves to go through the system first.

In other words, let's not hang him before the trial. (But that doesn't mean one can't have the rope ready)

3. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't know how that got there. I wasn't even home when it was posted.:eek:

4. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

All righty then.

5. AC9HP

AC9HP QRZ Lifetime Member #646 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

What is the legal process? It appeared it was "Ordered" meaning that a judgement was already made?

W5WN likes this.
  6. AF4RK

AF4RK Ham Member QRZ Page

Before you guys rush to defend K3VR, check out this website. I'd say the FCC got the right person! Google the call sign! He's got lots of "admirers"!

http://members.shaw.ca/ve7kfm/

7. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Go back to the first post of the thread. Click the link to the FCC order. Read the ordering clauses. That's the process.

8. AA9G

AA9G Ham Member QRZ Page

There are 135,001 Extras (as of June 14) and I am pretty sure they (which includes me) all don't go around doing what these people have been accused of doing. A few head cases with nothing better to do is all it takes to crap up the bands and that's ALL this is. 99.9% of us operate legally and ethically. Please refrain from sweeping generalizations.

9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't rush in, and I have seen all that nonsense a long time ago.

On BOTH sides.

The situation is not pretty, but perhaps 14313 will be usable again for friendly QSO's ....someday. I actually heard a DL calling CQ there this weekend. A MOST pleasant change!

Chip W1YW

10. W1WH

W1WH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Chip, where's an invisibility cloak when you need one! ;)

Bill W1WH

11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

heheh!

Actually I have the interns building a(n) RF IV cloak for a Marshall guitar amp-- for some reason some folks don't yet 'get' that you don't need a cylinder or a sphere to do this. Marshalls are bad-a** rectangular cubes.

Chip W1YW

12. N0RRS

N0RRS Ham Member QRZ Page

"But Your Honor, My CAT fell asleep on my code key!" LOL...Good Luck with that.

13. VA2IG

VA2IG Ham Member QRZ Page

Ve7kfm: the RCMP will jail u for ya one day -)))))))))))!

14. WX7P

WX7P XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations everyone!

You've given the attention hound exactly what he wants...

Martyrdom!
    Government Tyranny!
    Victimhood!

That silly website is just another example of his need for constant attention.

To quote Pee Wee Herman:

"(you're) a REBEL, (Brian)"

BORING

15. W2VOA

W2VOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure wish they would do something about w1it's operations on 7.185 early mornings into the afternoon.
    He is deliberately rendering the frequency unusable while he jams it. and will not acknowledge fellow
    operators but instead mocks them and uses their call sign. In all my years on radio I have never met such
    a terrible operator! Nobody deserves to be harassed by you Gary...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.