Xiegu G90 sdr transceiver unboxing! From ham radio outlet. Check it out!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KG7HVR, Jun 27, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K7LZR

K7LZR Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't let those things scare you away from the G90.

Those small issues have been resolved with firmware updates. My G90 has none of those issues. Its been a great and very reliable rig so far....

K8XG and KD2TTM like this.
  2. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator QRZ Page

No, it's sad that the video was completely devoid of useful content. The only thing I learned from it is that it's heavier than one might think. So is a boat anchor. Yawn. It's like "Hey, look at me, I know how to post a video"!

As for the language, we're going to pass on that. With all the trouble in the world today, vulgar language doesn't rise to even a little bit important. C'mon, were you really going to show this to your kids? What a thriller. A Top 10 video for sure... It won't be long before this one goes viral and so if you have kids at home or even near your shack, you better disconnect the internet now because this one's BAD folks!

In case you haven't noticed it, vulgarity is no longer a "thing", so please don't report it to us.

WD4IGX, KQ9J, K7LZR and 1 other person like this.
  3. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

So JESUS is allowed as well? He can really HELP those who don't know HIM & there are so many.They removed HIM from schools & so many other things & look what they turned into.More JESUS far less issues.God Bless AMERICA!

Clayton
    W4KVW

K8XG and KR3DX like this.
  4. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It made me dizzy watching it. I kept wanting to cock my head like one of those wobbly-headed little dog statues some people put on their dashboards

Most unboxing videos are a tad lame but it does give one a chance to see the rig. And vicariously enjoy opening a box with a new rig inside! I always got excited by doing that...even when it was just a box of parts like my first Heath rig!

5. KR3DX

KR3DX Ham Member QRZ Page

So.........language is not important? What if the video contained racial slurs, or denigrating remarks about sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, etc.? Would that "rise to even a little bit important"? Would that be a "thing"?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    W4KVW likes this.
  6. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Two completely different things. :)

WD4IGX likes this.
  7. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator QRZ Page

The phrase in question was an expletive. There is a clear distinction between explicit utterances and the examples given above, as morally repugnant speech can certainly be conducted without the use of any profanity.

When I said that “it wasn’t a thing”, I was speaking of profanity, not hate speech. When I stub my toe on the kitchen table, I utter an expletive. I’m not denigrating the table, it’s makers, it’s country of origin or the sexual identity of the tree that gave its poor life to my dinner table.

WD4IGX likes this.
  8. KR3DX

No, they are exactly the same because they are both OFFENSIVE to someone, and they both indicate that the speaker is an ignorant, classless individual who has no self-respect for himself, and no respect for the feelings or morals of others.

W4KVW likes this.
  9. KR3DX

"A rose by any other name". One is an "expletive", the other is "hate speech". "Expletives" are "morally repugnant" to some people. "Hate speech" is not "morally repugnant" to some people. Some people believe that it is perfectly OK to use "hate speech", just like some people believe that it is OK to use "expletives". The use of "profanity" or "vulgarity" shows a disregard for other people, exactly the same way that "hate speech" shows a disregard for other people. The users of "profanity" and "hate speech" feel that they have the right to "free speech". They are one and the same, there is no difference.

W4KVW likes this.
  10. KD2TTM

KD2TTM Ham Member QRZ Page

You do realize you're arguing with the administrator/founder of QRZ, right? :rolleyes: