ad: elecraft

Why is this "Callsign" on QRZ?

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by IS0HNW, Apr 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

YV5RED is a valid amateur radio license.

Dave
    W7UUU

2. IS0HNW

IS0HNW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

https://www.qrz.com/db/KP5/WA8LIS

It's full of this s*it!!
    virtual DXpeditions?? Virtual Callsigns?? Where is the control for this kind of things??

3. IS0HNW

I'm not talking about YV5RED, but about the "virtual" DXspedition yv0/yv5red! Is that normal?
    So I can register a username like P5/K0URA and be the only ham radio operator from North Korea? For you this is normal?

4. IS0HNW

And, to close this "HamSphere" thing, there is no mandatory valid callsign to access HamSphere; actually most of them are CB's trying to act like real ham radio operators, but they are NOT.
    So, as far as I can understand, they are welcome here in QRZ.COM and they can organize fake DXpeditions, thay can use fake callsigns and fake confirmations?
    Well, good to know!
    As a REAL ham radio operator, I had to submit my personal information here in the forum or I had to contact another trusted ham fellow to input my credential in the database.
    Now everyone can do everything they like? Is this the new policy? Really?

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

KF5RRF likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.