ad: ProAudio-1

WHY CANT POST PIX ??????? ive posted b 4,,, why not today,,,,,?????

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by W9WQA, Nov 14, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W9WQA

W9WQA Ham Member QRZ Page

error tells nothing. i reduced to 44 kb. still didnt work,,,then it did ...???
    done

2. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, that explains it. What it does not explain is why the problem only appeared recently and not during the previous 23 years of pasting pictures to my post unless there was a recent change to the software.

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

No idea. There have been ZERO other reports from other users - not in the forums as posts nor in the "Support Tickets" that come in.

And USUALLY when something isn't working right on the site, I get dozens of PMs.

I also moderate the swapmeet and today we have had DOZENS of successful photo uploads, and I have personally uploaded a number of them.

Can't tell you.... other than to say there have been ZERO indications other than this one thread that there has been any issues

Dave
    W7UUU

Martin G3EDM 5.JPG

mouse-fotor-20231111204135.png

WE-RCIT_series_t-fotor-2023110716723.png

s-l1600.jpg

4. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

@W9WQA
    @K3XR

Copy and Paste is problematic for me also. Works for some, not for others. Best to always use the Upload a File button.

K3XR likes this.
  5. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Was thinking that a change in Firefox could be the source of why I can no longer do a copy and paste?

How would you do an upload a file for a photo that appears on another internet site without uploading the entire page containing the photo? I know how to do that with the photos that are on my camera. Thanks for the info.

6. W9YW

W9YW Moderator Emeritus QRZ Page

Put your cursor on the image. Right click the image. Choose copy image. Go to the destination (probably your ad). Add your text. Choose a spot for the image with the cursor. Right click that spot. Choose paste. If you get a security warning, the image is too big, but that's unlikely in this case.

73 Tom W9YW

7. K8VHL

If copy/paste is a problem for you, then do what Tom says except choose Save image as and save it to your hard drive. Then Upload a File.

8. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Appreciate the information but not sure if we're talking about the same thing. See post #8.

From day one I could go to almost any site with a photo right-click the photo chose "copy" and go to the reply box on QRZ and right click "paste" and the photo would come up. Now I get the error message in post #8. I can get around the problem by saving the photo and then downloading it but don't care for the extra steps. Not a big deal but it is an annoyance.

9. W9YW

It should paste directly at that size. If you're getting an invalid file extension, the image might be a non-JPG file. The source file may have to be converted for it to work correctly.

If Windows, load it in Paint, then choose Save As and use a different file format, specfically jpg before you upload it. A simple copy/paste should work unless the origin website has disabled photo copy (there are various tricks used to mangle cut/paste on these sites).

73 Tom W9YW

K3XR likes this.
  10. K8VHL

Let's rule out the GIF extension first. As Dave mentioned, that's a no no. Not sure what happened to your ability to cut/copy and paste. It could be your browser, as you suspect, your ISP's bandwidth or workload, or a thousand other things. Using Copy and Paste for what you want to do has always been flaky for me so I stopped trying to use it. It seems to work fine for Dave and Tom. Converting to a jpeg extension per Tom seems to help.

K3XR likes this.
  11. W9WQA

using the same camera for years.
    using "irfanview" to resize smaller.
    one day it works, an othere day it doesnt....
    clik post, nothing happens...

12. W9WQA

oops, it happened in 20 seconds

13. W9YW

What is the file format that the camera saves files in? If it's "raw", it won't work. There is another thread about how to convert really large images to something QRZ can handle to deliver to browsers.

My guess: The image is too large if it took 20sec. It's getting indigestion.

73 Tom W9YW

K8VHL likes this.
  14. W9WQA

first, note, it usually works so its not the format, same camera.

second, i use "irfan" for years as a pix program. it works for years same way.

third, i reduced to 44 kb, its not size