ad: MyersEng-1

WHY CANT POST PIX ??????? ive posted b 4,,, why not today,,,,,?????

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by W9WQA, Nov 14, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. W9WQA

W9WQA Ham Member QRZ Page

WHY CANT POST PIX ???????

ive posted b 4,,, why not today,,,,,?????

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

You're doing something wrong - very likely your images are too large. You'll know that's the case if you get a red "security warning" notice.

Here's a FULL rundown on how to post pictures: https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/how-to-post-photos.864359/

It explains everything you'd need to know - follow those steps depending on which method suits you best.

Dave
    W7UUU

3. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

I've noticed the same problem lately. Can't just cut and paste into a thread as in the past. Not a computer person so may take me a little longer to figure out why.

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Here's a copy/paste from a thread:

upload_2023-11-13_18-2-37.png

Attached Files:

5. W7UUU

Here's an uploaded photo:

DEARS_WEB-fotor-2023111310957.png

6. W7UUU

Here's a thumbnail uploaded photo:

Attached Files:

7. W7UUU

It all seems to be working well.

Having a description of what error is being received would be helpful... I'm sure it's something simple

Dave
    W7UUU

8. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

This is the message I receive which is only recently and it happens regardless of the source.

The following error occurred:

The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

9. W9WQA

i reducedsize to 44 kb, posted elsewhere. then suddenly i got it posted after an hour...

10. W9WQA

my pix of vna

still none here...

11. W9WQA

valid message here

12. W7UUU

You can't upload .GIF images - those are licensed. There are a few other formats you can't use but I certainly don't know them all

Convert to .JPG or .PNG and you'll be fine.

Every platform has rules about stuff like this - QRZ uses XenForo software for the forums and must follow their rules

TRUST me it works if you follow the software rules. We literally have HUNDREDS of pictures successfully uploaded to QRZ every single day, and thousands every week.

Dave
    W7UUU

13. W9WQA

c and p works for you, not me...

paste here...
    upload_2023-11-13_20-35-18.jpeg upload_2023-11-13_20-35-18.jpeg

triband ht ant scanned 100 to 500 mhz...pix i took today...vna f...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2023
  14. W9WQA

surprise, surprise,surprise,...this time.

you never know 4 sure...

15. W7UUU

Depends on the image - there are size limits.

Glad you got it working

Dave
    W7UUU