ad: LZQSLprint-1

Web pages on qrz.com now (?) set initial focus to callsign query, problem for keyboard navigation

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by WB0GAZ, Feb 7, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, Firefox runs on Quantum. Are you experiencing these issues?

2. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Firefox v115.7.0esr (64-bit) user here and also experiencing this drop down menu issue.

K8VHL likes this.
  3. WN1C

WN1C Ham Member QRZ Page

Also 115.7.0esr (64-bit) for MacOS, here.

K8VHL likes this.
  4. WB0GAZ

WB0GAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, it was the issue evident on this (Firefox 118.0.1 on Windows 10, on auto-update) machine that motivated my original posting on the topic. The issue persists as of today 9-Feb-2024.

K8VHL likes this.
  5. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for the info on Firefox and MacOS.

6. N8QQE

N8QQE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Im not sure if the problem here on QRZ.com is a Google or Windows update issue. Maybe Xenfro should be contacted to see if this is on their end? I've had multiple updates for the chromium Edge browser and that doesnt effect this issue and a Windows update wont either, so Im 'guessing' its something in the lines of the software used to run this site, hence the Xenfro comment.

Im not being impatient or want to come off as I am, just throwing in a suggestion or an idea.

Also, Xenfro may be a separate SW provider for the forums and something else is being used for the main site in general, I dont know, but Id think with my 3.5 brain cells I have left, the SW provider for this site should be addressed and see if they can offer any advice.

Thanks for listening.

7. N8QQE

Low and behold the drop-down box is now working at 22:40 UTC. I did nothing to have this happen so its pretty amazing after my last post this seems straightened up. I'll keep all of you posted.

AC0GT likes this.
  8. N8QQE

Just did a double-check with a refresh and all is back to normal. I hope it is for the rest of you.

Thanks to all for your participatio9n and help.

9. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

I've been working with the IT folks in QRZ HQ and we think this is all fixed now.... it's working great here for me on Chrome, Firefox, and also on my iPhone.

So I am pretty sure it's all resolved now.... but let me know if you're still seeing any weirdness

Dave
    W7UUU

AC0GT, WN1C and N8QQE like this.
  10. N8QQE

All good here, thank you!

11. N8QQE

Im the only weirdness at the moment and thats a good thing.

K8VHL and W7UUU like this.
  12. K8BB

K8BB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It seems to be fixed on my two devices that were vexed. Thanks for looking into it!

N8QQE and W7UUU like this.
  13. WB0GAZ

WB0GAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

(I was the original post on this last week) as of today 2/13/2024 on Firefox 118.0.1 on Windows 10/64 bit the issue is resolved - keyboard navigation is now working as it did before. Thank you.

K8VHL likes this.