ad: ProAudio-1

TA5ABO Behiye's Space Adventure

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by TA5ABO, Oct 5, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K7RLN

K7RLN Ham Member QRZ Page

Way to go, Behiye. You keep dreaming; you keep tracking those satellites; you keep aiming that antenna, and you keep hitting that push to talk button. We'll all be right there with you.

KF4ZKU, TA5ABO, M1WML and 3 others like this.
  2. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

I tend to think its a PR push considering whats going on with Armenia. Noticed a ton on twitter and the like. I think its great a young one is on but agree its in the wrong place.

M1WML, KN4LGM and PY2NEA like this.
  3. F1RAF

F1RAF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Selam Behiye,

Her şey için, tebrik ederim.

Kendiye iyi bak,

Nicolas F1RAF (Paris'ten)

TA5ABO and M1WML like this.
  4. W6SAE

W6SAE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Human interest stories are a very common feature of the "news." And, speaking for myself, it does "improve" my enjoyment of the hobby to see a young person who is so enthusiastic about it.

KF4ZKU, W2ZF, M1WML and 5 others like this.
  5. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Alright folks, It seems that some of our curmudgeons cannot handle reading a feel good story about a young person in the hobby. Many times, I find that these are the same folks bemoaning the death of the hobby due to "lack of interest." You can't have your cake and eat it too. I'd ask that you all make room for the young people among us and celebrate interest in a hobby you all know and love.
    When all else fails... just be nice. It's extremely easy.. and free!
    Jaime Jeffries
    CEO, QRZ.com

9W6EZ, KF4ZKU, 2E0CIT and 31 others like this.
  6. VA6ATA

VA6ATA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Tebrikler, basrilarinin devamini dilerim... Belki bir gun havadan da gorusme imkanimiz olur... 73, de VA6ATA

TA5ABO, M1WML and N5AQM like this.
  7. VA6ATA

VA6ATA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Never happy of anything eh? Like living a miserable life I see...! A young girl achieved something, worst comes to worst it is a way to motivate other young amateurs...!!!

9W6EZ, KF4ZKU, KF1P and 6 others like this.
  8. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

As the Dad of two ham YLs this is great news that YLs around the world are learning STEM skills and making wonderful contributions to the hobby/service. Keep up the good work TA5ABO!

9W6EZ, KF4ZKU, KF1P and 9 others like this.
  9. WB2JIX

WB2JIX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

...Thanks.

KF4ZKU, TA5ABO and M1WML like this.
  10. KN4LGM

KN4LGM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am very sorry, I agree that it is motivating to youth, I myself am 13 and I am very motivated to try SSTV. I just think we should focus more on people who are going to have a lot of time on there hand(retirees) and not on young people who are most likely going to drop the hobby in college(I am sorry I came across as cross or unfriendly.)

:cool:I am very happy with my life. And I agree it does motivate at least one youth.;):D:rolleyes:
    I agree with all of you!!! I just think this is the wrong place.:)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    M1WML likes this.
  11. WA6VVC

WA6VVC Ham Member QRZ Page

Best post ever. Not trying to sell something, compare dipoles or verticals, or a crash course about ham radio crashing. Old farts pay attention, Girls are taking over the air waves and will be writing the code for your next $2000 radio purchase.

Publicity stunt... I DON"T think so. Proud ABSOLUTELY... & rightful so. Take to the STARS....Behiye Esma ÖTE... and beyond.

How about a "What have you done lately" in ham radio forum along these same lines?

WA6VVC / and all the gang at WA6CAM approve of this post.

9W6EZ, KF4ZKU, FK1TS and 6 others like this.
  12. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

We all have a right to our opinions but opinions are like... well...

I suggest that you just enjoy the hobby/service and mature a bit more. When I read your post, it came across as the fact that you are a 13 year-old boy who is upset that a 15 year-old YL got more attention than you. Maybe you should write a article about your accomplishments and post it. We all love to see what youth are doing.

I will say this, that when my daughter (12 years-0ld at the time) got invited to speak at the 2019 Dayton Youth Forum, it was the thrill of her life. You younger people are our future, you should celebrate the success of others in your age group and support each other.

For the record, I think this was the perfect place for her to post what she has accomplished and I can't wait to see what she accomplishes next.

9W6EZ, KF1P, KB0QIP and 8 others like this.
  13. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool !
    Every Parent should be proud of their child.

Per Ardua Ad Astra ! :cool:
    G3SEA/KH6

KB0QIP, TA5ABO, M1WML and 2 others like this.
  14. N5AQM

N5AQM Ham Member QRZ Page

A well written Essay!! I for one prefer these types of articles rather than just a video! Well Done!!

KF4ZKU, TA5ABO, W6SAE and 2 others like this.
  15. AF7XT

AF7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

:D

M1WML likes this.