ad: AbAuRe-1

New Technician how can I e-sign my FCC License?

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by KJ7ZKZ, Jun 21, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

I have not had many traffic stops, but... Operating mobile, be sure to follow the state laws regarding driver distraction and electronics. Some of the cell phone laws apply to radio usage. For example, in CA the mic must be wired to the radio, not loose in hand, like a cell phone...

Having my printed license has been handy, a couple times I was operating portable in parks, and the ranger took a disliking to it, until I showed that it is a federal law and license.

2. KJ7ZKZ

KJ7ZKZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yo are not the only one to recommend having the printed license with me and one of the test questions was to make sure you have it with you. Once I figured out how to get the E-Signature working on my PDF I went to a copy/print type store and had them print and laminate both the wallet card and the "Original Copy" license which is now proudly displayed on my desk and now have the license with me in my wallet.

I don't really have intention at this point to use my new privileges in an on road car/truck but one of my intended uses is in my side x side ATV. A lot of side x side users go get the rugged radios set up, never get licenses properly, and just blast on and I didn't want to go that route as I am capable of programming my own mobile unit and also wanted to be legal by having the proper FCC license to broadcast and have proof of that if needed while out in the wilderness roaming around.

So wish to thank all of you that have responded to me here and as one of the newest members of the ham communities want to say thank you.

Garry - KJ7ZKZ

K6CLS likes this.