ad: M2Ant-1

New HRO Store Opening in Sacramento CA

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K6FAK, Apr 21, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W4DXL

W4DXL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

We sure could use a HRO store here in Charlotte. This city is growing, 60 people move here every day! We have been holding testing sessions on a regular basis.

M1WML, W4LJ and WD4ELG like this.
  2. 9K2SH

9K2SH Ham Member QRZ Page

I went to school in Sacramento in the eighties. You’re few years late

M1WML likes this.
  3. KE8OKM

KE8OKM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have 4 daughters under 17 I guess having a “Summit Racing”
    Hoodie is all the rage now! Just yesterday we had a sisters Quarrel about one wearing the others hoodie. I am buying 3 of those in the coming months (birthdays)!!!

M1WML likes this.
  4. N6JPG

N6JPG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Agreed! I purchased my FTDX 5000 from them shortly before they went out of business for just that very reason. It saved me nearly $350 in tax. I may suggest you check out Main Trading Company in Texas.

M1WML likes this.
  5. YV5FAB

YV5FAB Ham Member QRZ Page

[QUOTE = "AK5CT, publicación: 5838886, miembro: 714755"] ¿Están locos? ¿Quieres una tienda cerca de ti, de verdad?
    Imagínese los antojos que tiene en este momento con solo mirar el catálogo o en Internet; en realidad, entrar en la tienda es mucho más peligroso para todos, excepto para los Hams más autocontrolados.
    La última vez que visité el de Atlanta, solo para mirar alrededor , mi daño fue un poco más de $ 500.00 y tuve suerte. ¿Y si realmente hubiera necesitado algo?
    Si debe ir, tenga cuidado, tal vez lleve a un amigo de confianza que no sea radioaficionado y solo lleve una pequeña cantidad de efectivo o su tarjeta de crédito con el límite más bajo. Además, si su esposa es del tipo sospechoso, es posible que desee decirle que irá al club de striptease local, a un bar o incluso a visitar a su novia.

Por otro lado, ¿ustedes, chicos de HRO, han considerado una tienda en Memphis? [/ QUOTE]
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

M1WML and AI6NL like this.
  6. WD4ELG

WD4ELG Ham Member QRZ Page

We had a good store down in Wilmington NC - Communications Headquarters. They went out of business more than 10 years ago, unfortunately.

M1WML and W4DXL like this.
  7. W5ARM

W5ARM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

YES! We definitely need more HRO's in Texas. I mean... we're only the second largest state in the Union, and it's a mighty long drive to Dallas from just about everywhere!

M1WML likes this.
  8. WA6DB

WA6DB Ham Member QRZ Page

welcome to the state capital'' can't wait to take a tour

M1WML likes this.
  9. W9QK

W9QK Ham Member QRZ Page

They need to bring one to central Florida please!!!!

M1WML, KN4JND and W4DXL like this.
  10. AG6QR

AG6QR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I heard a guy on the local repeater who was coming home from the Oakland HRO, and he said that the staff at that HRO were claiming that the Oakland store was closing and moving to Sacramento. The inventory was already thin. The logic for the move was that Sacramento was cheaper, and business was mostly over the Internet anyway.

With the recent closing of Sunnyvale, the Bay Area has quickly gone from two HROs to zero. Good news for Sacramento, but some nearby hams aren't so happy.

M1WML and KN6SD like this.
  11. KA6J

KA6J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Glad to hear HRO is growing! I purchased my first HF rig, and FT-101EE from the railroad station in Burlingame Ca., and have been using HRO exclusively since. Now living in central Texas, I have opportunity to visit the Plano store occasionally! Good luck guys and gals...keep up the good work! Jim KA6J

M1WML likes this.
  12. KD2UHF

KD2UHF Ham Member QRZ Page

We need one in NY the closet one is in NH that is not a short drive :(

M1WML likes this.
  13. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

I never purchases gear from anywhere in Florida because of the Sales Tax I save buying from HRO & it being out of state.I heard that a new tax law was just past a week or so ago but I don't know since I don't watch or listen to any news or read any news papers or websites?

Clayton
    W4KVW

M1WML likes this.
  14. K3EY

K3EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Welcome to the real world of paying taxes, party is over. We all knew it wouldn't last.

KA9JLM likes this.
  15. W5ARM

W5ARM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The "out-of-state" sales tax law has been in force for a couple of years now... It's not something that just changed recently.

If you order anything online, the company you order from is [theoretically] "required" to withhold sales tax for the state/locality of the destination (where it's shipped to). Most do, these days, although I have ordered products online, and not had any tax charged.

Used to be: Unless a company had a "physical" presence in a given state, they didn't have to charge/withhold sales tax for an out-of-state sale, unless they were shipping the item(s) within their own state. It all changed following a law suit (IIRC) in or by the state of South Dakota. It ruled that taxes could/should be charged on ALL sales, regardless of where the company is located.

Now, all sales must (or are supposed to be) be taxed, no mater where the company, or the buyer, is located. It's all about the "revenue"!

Even eBay now (and has been for quite some time) levies sales tax (based on your "ship-to" address) on virtually ALL sales. This is total BS, because much of eBay's sales are from individuals (i.e., not a "business"), selling used stuff... So why should I have to pay tax on something used, that already had the tax paid on it when it was sold new? eBay used to be like a swap-meet. Now it's just big business...

Alan
    W0ARM

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    M1WML and WA4KCN like this.