ad: M2Ant-1

New HRO Store Opening in Sacramento CA

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K6FAK, Apr 21, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AK5CT

AK5CT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you guys crazy? Wanting a store near you, really?
    Imagine what cravings you have right now from just looking at the catalog or on the internet; actually walking into the store is much more dangerous for all but the most self-controlled Hams.
    The last time I visited the one in Atlanta, just to look around, my damage was slightly over $500.00, and I was lucky. What if I had actually gone in needing something?
    If you must go, use caution, maybe take a trusted non-ham friend, and only carry a small amount of cash or your lowest limit credit card. Also, if your wife is the suspicious type, you might want to tell her you are going to the local strip club, a bar, or even to visit your girlfriend - Never admit to heading to HRO.

On the other hand, have you HRO guys considered a store in Memphis ?

W3KW, M1WML, K1CWB and 12 others like this.
  2. K9TDW

K9TDW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, definitely one south of Chicago in Illinois!!

M1WML likes this.
  3. M0HEM

M0HEM Ham Member QRZ Page

M1WML likes this.
  4. N8PEM

N8PEM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Don’t open one in Columbus, Ohio.... my wife begs you.....

congrats on the new location!

M1WML, WJ9M and AJ6KZ like this.
  5. K6PH

K6PH Ham Member QRZ Page

M1WML likes this.
  6. K6PH

K6PH Ham Member QRZ Page

Close to downtown? Easy freeway access? It's 10-13 miles from the capital, depending on the route, about 20 minutes if not rush hour. Any further from downtown and they wouldn't be in Sacramento anymore. And it's over a mile from the nearest freeway interchange.

M1WML likes this.
  7. KE8QFP

KE8QFP Ham Member QRZ Page

I could live with Columbus. A little far from me, but it would be a day trip.

M1WML and NU4R like this.
  8. KI6PMD

KI6PMD Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes it very sad indeed ! Phil KI6PMD..

M1WML and NU4R like this.
  9. KG7HVR

KG7HVR Ham Member QRZ Page

That's actually sad. I guess they think more people w money im Sacramento.

M1WML likes this.
  10. G8LIY

G8LIY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm from the UK... Lived near Sacramento for 3 years..
    The locals said they are waiting for the next "Big One"
    So they end up with Beach front property.

Shakin 'n' Bakin

M1WML likes this.
  11. KC0KEK

KC0KEK Ham Member QRZ Page

Or acquiring Associated Radio in KC. Bought my first rig there. Great store.

M1WML likes this.
  12. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

OPEN AN HRO right around a major entry point TO WALT DISNEY WORLD in Florida! OR, right between WDW and Universal Studios/Sea World! Not to mention the berserk-o increase in the population. Especially just west of Orange County. And, available store frontage and land on 192 is beyond ample and cheap!

There's a reason the once Amateur Electronic Supply in Orlando didn't do well. It's location became impossible to those roped into visiting the attractions. Over the decades, IT BECAME A JOKE with the sprawl and mind numbing traffic!

And, if you DO open a LOGICAL Orlando connection , PUH-LEEEEEZE send Eddie and his wife back from the Dallas/Plano store to do it right!

Eddie ALWAYS did us right at AES Orlando! In fact, after "the purge." there was never a bad employee at AES Orlando!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    M1WML likes this.
  13. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The success of Ham Radio Outlet is a tribute to my late friend Bob Ferrero, W6RJ (that call now held by his son). Bob took a small store in Burlingame, CA and turned it into the largest chain of ham radio stores in the world. Bob and I shared more than ham radio in common although we did work the DX window on 75 meters quite hard over the years--he much more successfully than I from his hilltop home in Danville.

During my years living close to Bob we went to lunch frequently and talked not just about ham radio but our common profession (during his pre HRO days) in law enforcement. Like me he would be both shocked and disappointed at the state of the profession today.

For decades I have dealt with HRO in person at its Anaheim, San Diego, and Oakland outlets and currently (though on line) with Portland OR. I have found HRO's employees to be helpful. courteous, and to have a great knowledge of the products they sell. Glad to see the company which Bob founded continue to grow.

M1WML and KQ6E like this.
  14. N6JPG

N6JPG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

M1WML and K6DLC like this.
  15. K6DLC

K6DLC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I miss the one in Sunnyvale, Ca

M1WML and K6CLS like this.