ad: elecraft

NEW 2019 dmr mobile car radio Anytone 578UV !

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by IW2BSF, Dec 30, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

this the reference for the IDIOTS person that attack my by NAZI method and CENSORED me
    ( very BIG ham-spirit by this bad persons ) :

not by me , but by 2 ham-radio collegue , say :

Philip Blanchard i spoke to a company which was going to import these radios and was told that they wasn't any good at the moment when asked why i was just told they hadn't come into there shipment and at the moment there still struggling with bugs in software so im gonna wait until there sorted and hopefully wait for the mk 2 its a shame to receive this information especially when there handy is so good and so highly rated and please dont ask were the information come from as im not going to say this company, sorry.

Ocram Netleh It is not even approved by FCC, yet... So I think, it won't come until december or even later...

578UV Mk1 & Mk2 ???? you remember like the handy 868 with two differents HW !!!! REMEMBER this boys !!! :-(

2. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not sure if tinted windows are legal where you are but that helps prevent gawkers from seeing your rigs... so far I've never had a rig stolen. Even had several control head mounted around my center vents.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

IW2BSF likes this.
  3. KD5FRY

KD5FRY Ham Member QRZ Page

4. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Doesn't look like the head is removable...

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

5. KB8M

KB8M Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm anxious to see this. I've heard it has both GPS / Analog APRS. Also supposed to be cross band AND cross mode meaning transmit FM and cross to DMR. That would be cool. Depending on the size/function of the bluetooth mic, a non-removable face may be ok. It will be interesting to see the pricepoint.

6. KD5FRY

KD5FRY Ham Member QRZ Page

price point is from $300 to $400. They have not said the price of the bluetooth mic or when it will be released.

I do not know this company, but they have the prices listed.
    https://premier01.com/D578_Reservation.html

7. IW2BSF

yes, but 350-400 dollars for an china radio with NOT removable front panel, no connector or external GPS...

or the wireless microphone at 80-90 dollars NO SENSE.... is too high price too ! :-(

8. WR7AGT

WR7AGT Ham Member QRZ Page

This vapor ware has been going on since Middle 2018. Issues, really!! Changing features left and right!! Adding a useless “3rd” band, how long did that change the sale date?? But most important, when and if it does become available, why would anyone want one to be the first owner. Mid 2020 before I would even look at it, after 20 Firmware updates and then see if it is a good radio! Maybe they will add 900Mhz for ham use, make it a quad-band

IW2BSF likes this.
  9. IW2BSF

yes ... TRUE ! a real " china vapor ware " too ! 73 :)

10. KK6JGJ

KK6JGJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently purchase the Anytone D578UV and the behavior of the radio seems to have some issues.

Operational issues:

1] it was key locked when I purchased it, we reset it in the store, reset procedure needed two people to push the three button combo.

Programming issues:

2] It is locked to a European mode: Commercial frequency plan on the radio; if you try and change it to US amateur it will not take because there is a band conflict (radio vs programming software). This is due to the radio be stuck on European even though you change it in CPS software. There is a documented bug on the latest firmware which states in certain conditions this will be unchangable, though I did not see that condition at time of firmware upgrade from v1.03-1.05 so I think this is just generally a bug. I tried the microphone #1 key, PTT and power to try and get into band programming on the radio itself this did not work.

upload_2020-1-5_11-31-47.png

3] Keeping the European commercial plan keeps me from accessing the defined US bands UHG/VHF and APRS via VFO.

4] RX I am able to hear on repeaters and open spot fine.

5] TX on openspot is garbled (fixed by changing the Modulation to D), Donald duck from Open Spot to radio. Tested with Parrot 9999 and I can hear the garble on Low and Mid power from radio; not an issue anymore on transmit.

6] TX on DMR repeaters: I have not had a successful connection or QSO on Orinda or Oakland DMR repeaters, even being within a mile of the Oakland repeater.

7] I have updated the radio to the latest firmware v1.5; there seems to be a bug in this firmware if the radio was in maintenance mode which it was not on upgrade. So the behavior seems in line with bug except for the condition of update.

Escalated to HRO in Oakland via email
    I can supply my code plug for review for issues, can someone in the store determine by connecting the CPS software to the radio as to whether your units are experiencing the lock condition out of box and/or the radio side set to European; you should be able to see this immediately in info once you connect the CPS over the appropriate serial port. Anytone requests to work with dealer on warranty issues.

My level of DMR understanding...
    As a side note I have programmed TYT HTs without issue so I don’t think it’s a programming issue.

11. IW2BSF

its a NON SENSE radio ! bad :-(

12. KK6JGJ

KK6JGJ Ham Member QRZ Page

13. IW2BSF

and for ALL the radio made in China :

And most of these radios dont have AM mode, which can be handy for tracking down QRM, power line noise and other noise issues.

Rather than going very cheap it would be nice if these Chinese manufacturers do something bold like designing radios with decent receiver performance, bandpass filters that make them perform beyond expectations in polluted RF environments rather than making useless toys that overload every time you go downtown.

73 :-(

14. IW2BSF

you whant a serius radio ? not buy a China but an..... Motorola or Hytera radio ! 73 :(

15. W4EAE

W4EAE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hytera is a Chinese manufacturer.