ad: elecraft

NEW 2019 dmr mobile car radio Anytone 578UV !

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by IW2BSF, Dec 30, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

N1IRL I don't, but instead I believe you are a regular consumer !

2. WZ4K

WZ4K Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

HI! <LOL> ;)

3. IW2BSF

NOW.... Anytone moved the coming soon of this 578 to middle July at middle August ! :-(

4. IW2BSF

NEWS 5 JULY :

AnyTone has released some more information about their new DMR Mobile Radio known as AT-D578UV.

Prices and specifcations will not be available until late July

They will have multiple versions of radios as follows:

a. Tri Band with BlueTooth and GPS with Part FCC Part 15 but not FCC Part 90 available in August.
    b. Dual Band FCC Part 90 available in September. No mention if it will have BlueTooth or GPS
    c. A version with only Bluetooth with no GPS
    d. A version with only GPS but no Bluetooth
    e. A version for recording

The Bluetooth Microphone with display is still in development without a release date.

i think coming soon at september ? :-(

73 de IW2BSF

5. KG8DQ

KG8DQ Ham Member QRZ Page

WOW, this is crazy. I can remember when Ham Radio operators understood electronics, and weren't afraid to tinker with stuff. It would honestly take about 1 hour, some wire, and a soldering iron to make the front panel removable.

6. IW2BSF

NEWs from a great shop in Europe :

Unfortunately we do not have an exact delivery date yet, the AT-D578UV-Plus is expected to be available in August 2019. You are welcome to pre-order it, we will deliver in the order of receipt of all orders.

The price is not yet 100% fixed. The device is expected to cost around 430 € incl. VAT.

The three-band version (144, 220, 430 MHz) offered in other regions of the world are not offered in Europe.

578.jpeg

7. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

It would?

You left out the hacksaw.

8. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

We know what it means, we just wondered why he was laughing every post for a while there. Nothing seemed funny.

Does this radio even do FM? I don't see anywhere that it says it does. I would not buy a digital ONLY rig. I do see "analog" on the display but it isn't clear to me what it's referring to.

EDIT: I do see it says "autosenses digital or analog" so I assume it does.

9. IW2BSF

YES, this mobile radio like the handy 878 is a VHF/UHF both analogue and dmr digital radio !

from the american collegue Bart:

FYI, I asked Anytone if the 578 will be able to do DMR crossband repeater. This was their reply:

"Hello Bart,
    The cross band repeater function will also do DMR crossband."

This is awesome news and this will certainly push Anytone to the DMR top!

10. IW2BSF

AT D578UVIII TriBand Mobile Radio 50 watt & DMR - First Look .....

73 de IW2BSF - Rudy

11. IW2BSF

now ANYTONE say coming at September .... we hope too !!! :-(

anytone 578.jpeg

12. VA7VH

VA7VH Ham Member QRZ Page

Sadly, I’ve had enough (well installed and difficult to remove) electronics torn out of my vehicle over the years to know that a radio visible from the outside is just asking for a broken window and a stolen radio( plus the dash damage). I just had a friend of mine experience this cruel reality himself. He put in one of the DMR motorolas. It was gone the next week. It’s sad but I’ve had to take a pass on some really nice radios because of stolen equipment economics. I just can’t afford the financial risk. My CS800D is my third radio with a removable face. They get removed every time I park and I’ve never had a connection problem.
    Roger

13. DL4QB

DL4QB QRZ Lifetime Member #719 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

If the menu is even complicated to adjust all the stuff like the 878 i never woul buy one. Sold mine, droves me crazy!! Would not get it for free.

14. IW2BSF

Complicated ???? NOOO !!!! is very simply like the handy 878 menu !!! 73 :)

15. IW2BSF

NEWS .....

Now understand why this radio from December 2018 now maybe ( but will it be true then? ) will go on sale in September 2019, an collegue in a facebook anytone group write :

" i spoke to a company which was going to import these radios and was told that they wasn't any good at the moment when asked why i was just told they hadn't come into there shipment and at the moment there still struggling with bugs in software so im gonna wait until there sorted and..... hopefully wait for the mk 2 its a shame to receive this information especially when there handy is so good and so highly rated and please dont ask were the information come from as im not going to say . "

NOT GOOD !!! :-(