ad: M2Ant-1

Morse Code Eliminated by FCC

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KE7GGV

KE7GGV Ham Member QRZ Page

that is right....LOL....

2. W4LRS

W4LRS Ham Member QRZ Page

So much for the days of getting the good deal on the no code HF rig..............

3. KL7FZ/SK2022

KL7FZ/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

I second this!

The lazy, no good, know-nothing, do-nothings are soon to inherit Amateur Radio because of a few brainless FCC lawyers that know nothing about radio, communication, history, or tradition. This promoted and spurred on by the ARRL sellouts.
    Licensed now for 45 years, I have seen the slide. If you have not been around that long you cannot speak to this! You do not, can not know, what it is like now compared to what it was.  

So what you will inherit, after dreaming about being a ham, all the time while waiting for the code to be dropped and the tests to be dumbed down, will not be Amateur Radio after all. It will a LOT less. Your loss. Your fault.

You may have the license BUT YOU WILL NEVER BE REAL AMATEUR RADIO OPERATORS AS SEEN BY HISTORY. YOU WILL ALWAYS BE LESS!! YOU GOT WHAT YOU DESERVED. STUCK IN A CB RADIO HELL WITH THE REST OF THE DUMMIES!
    And I am laughing. I was there when it was Amateur radio. I was privileged to be there when it was real radio. You lose. You missed it! Too late!

As the man said "DROP DEAD!"

KL7FZ

4. N5FOG

N5FOG Ham Member QRZ Page

Such a articulate gentleman. HF will not go down hill, If you look at the local 2 meter repeaters with the no-codes vs 75 meters the conduct on 2 meters is much much more civilized and professional. Heck if anything sounds like 11 meters its HF. If the tests are too easy make them harder, more theory or some practical electronics test. But making a ham learn a new language that has nothing to do with being a technicaly sound radio operator is not a sound practice.

Eric Kc5Fog

5. KE7GGV

well ok...tell us how you really feel...boy...talk about frustrated...my goodnes...who says..they are dumbing down the test....well....so make them harder...well some countries..test them on how to properly run a HF station...not CW...like in South Africa...they dropped the CW/HF requirement...but I do not think they are stupid...it just shows how well...they can run a HF set up...and they test them on that....dude take some advice...."get some action"...careful do not have a stroke...it is a change...not the inquistion.....

6. KC0KBC

KC0KBC Ham Member QRZ Page

KL7FZ, instead of going on like a bitter, hateful old man, who will not be remembered for anything other than that, why don't you take a new ham under your wing and teach him? You, your experiences, and your love of the craft would live on in him. Alas, you won't see it that way. What a waste.

Makes me think perhaps I should just stick with 2M/70cm. I've yet to run into anyone there who doesn't display at all times the professionalism I expect out of amateur operators. That's a lot more than I can say for some of the HF folks responding to this decision.

7. K2GTV

K2GTV Ham Member QRZ Page

Today's is a Great Day for all Hams, both New and Old.
    Very Special Thanks to: The FCC and ARRL...
    Catch you on HF soon...
    -George-
    [​IMG]

8. KE7GGV

oh yes...what do you say to those handicapped....who have the no-code tech..are they lazy???...would they be the same...on HF...or visually impaired...or who cannot write...or back then...some did not have to take the 5 WPM test...becasue of some circumstances....are they retarded or lazy....well...I guess...we will all drop dead...I will be honest just because I am disabled...and with a mental disease and disability....and cannot grasp CW yet...and yet I passed the test..mmm...gee I guess..I am a lousy operator...just because I chose not to use CW now...

9. KE7GGV

If you cannot stand the heat...get out of the kitchen..wow what hate you have....or just turn in your license...LOL....get some action....relax....you are really pent up....

10. K6CS

K6CS Ham Member QRZ Page

Gerald, (KE7GGV) just read into the rantings of this guy then let it go.
    Do you really want to work HF with him on phone or CW? Pity, There is a whole lot of great Hams out there doing what good Hams do. Read my past posts & the help that was offered to me from guys that want to Elmer me clear over here on the West coast. I'm fortunate enough that in my travels, I'll be able to meet with these guys someday & have lunch with them.
    As for Mr. perfect here, let it go. I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed....73

11. W4DON

W4DON Ham Member QRZ Page

New World Order continues on schedule.
    BT
    The FCC has once again reacted and set the stage to eliminate all but one amateur radio license.   It will be called the "Diversity Amateur Radio License" and the term "class" will be eliminated.  This will make everyone equal.

Next the FCC will eliminate mode subbands and authorize all modes of operation anywhere within a band.  Later the FCC will grant the CB'ers station and operating privileges to all the diverse amateur radio bands to eliminate crowding on 11-meters.  This will be called "hamnesty".

All of these forth coming changes will continue to provide the ARRL more "quanity" ($$$$$$$$) and amateur radio less "quality".  Finally the FCC will no longer require an examination and license.   In the end the FCC will no longer enforce Part 97 of its R&R's because it won't have the manpower and funds.
    AR

12. KE7GGV

I think that is great...have fun...and good for you....

13. KI4IES

KI4IES Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey, believe what you want to but you know something, last time I checked, It's 2007. You are right on one thing though,I'm not history. I am tomorrow. I am proud to live in an era where people choose to accept and not dwell on yesterday. I said it, I'll say it again; people who spend time calling people retards have no sense of now and tomorrow. It's extremely imature and rotally uncalled for. No professional ham would stoop to a level of a common CBer and that, sir, should be your band. I am very offended at being called a retard however I consider the source and let it go as I study for general which I may or may not get but will try with a smile on my face and I hope to work you in the near future. Name calling and degrading someone is not ham radio. I don't care if you can send 100 words a min. It is immature and well below how a true ham should act. I have no intention of using cw, I don't like hearing it and it should not be the deciding factor in how far I can go in this hobby/service. As far as history, Sir, I do not want to be part of the past, I want to be part of the future. [​IMG]

14. KL7FZ/SK2022

KL7FZ/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry Dude. I have seen a lot of people with all sorts of severe handicaps overcome the code tests. And more. It is overcoming the handicap that is the true sucess. Not sitting around saying "I am so pitiful, I have a handicap" and waiting for someone to give you something like most of the no-code promoters.
    I was there when it was REAL HAM RADIO. You were not! Don't fool yourself into believing that what you are seeing now and will be seeing will be the real Amateur Radio. YOU LOSE!
     I was there when ham radio was building and developing new gear and operating new bands and seeing communication firsts.
    I was there. I participated. I learned. I enjoyed.
     I was there when it was EXCITING. When it was MAGIC!
    YOU LOSE! YOU WILL NEVER KNOW!

Continue on with your shooting skip and how to build dipoles buddies.

I was there when it was FUN. I was there when it took effort that was satisfying and rewarding.

I WON. YOU LOST! YOU HAVE JUST NOT REALISED IT YET!!

CB ON GOOD BUDDY!

You just shot yourself in the foot!

HA!
    KL7FZ

15. N0TTW

N0TTW Ham Member QRZ Page

Too bad some of the rare DX out in HF is CW only. Besides, HF is old hat unless you go way too the bottom of the bands (VLF)

Oh well... I'm going to take a wait and see attitude. Bad enough to have certain LIDS on the band now, I just hope it doesn't get worse.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.