ad: Sussex-1

Looking to borrow Amplifier

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KE4TA, Apr 27, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Pat, I'd recognize an SB-220 anywhere;-)

2. KE4TA

KE4TA Ham Member QRZ Page

Gee Chip, remember I originally asked for this last AUGUST.

3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

BUT YOU POSTED HERE ASKING FOR A FREE AMP on ---

---SUNDAY APRIL 30, 2017---

You obviously were trying to con folks into giving you a FREE AMP when you have the RESOURCES TO BUY ONE YOURSELF.

4. KE4TA

Con? no. I am not conning anyone. Since you must know my timeline, I posted on Sunday, and received the offer on the house on Tuesday.

And with that, we'll try again to disengage. Good day sir.

5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Unbelievable.

So, let's entertain this:

IF you had RECEIVED the amp LAST WEEK, would you have RETURNED IT on TUESDAY when you **miraculously** felt flush with cash??

Notice your QUOTE ON TUESDAY Says you ALREADY HAD THE CASH.

WF9Q likes this.
  6. KE4TA

Well, I don't have the cash in hand yet. The housing market here has really exploded in the past few months, much further than our wildest expectations. Our house closes in a few weeks. But it will be less than 30 days so no interest charges.

As for return it, I would probably have kept it and used it. Since you claim to have a closet full of MLA 2500s, it wouldn't be keeping someone else from using it. and I could have saved that money for something else, say purchase an 857D as a backup rig in case something goes wrong.

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I am ...shocked.

You would deprive someone else who has a need.

You are done. The knob is spun.

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is the extant QRO Club inventory in the closet.

In addition, three amps are out on loan to DX, and an Alpha, Centurion, MLA2500, and Henry 2K are sitting, waiting to pass inspection. There is also another Alpha and another MLA2500 in need of major repair.

There are 3 MLA2500's.

BTW KC1CWF is using a loaner Alpha. That's why he is so loud on 40M, with his 4 square. Say, that's a readily verifiable fact, isn't it?

IMG_2846.JPG IMG_2844.JPG IMG_2843.JPG IMG_2842.JPG

9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is the extant QRO Club inventory in the closet.

In addition, three amps are out on loan to DX, and an Alpha, Centurion, MLA2500, and Henry 2K are sitting, waiting to pass inspection. There is also another Alpha and another MLA2500 in need of major repair.

There are 3 MLA2500's.

BTW KC1CWF is using a loaner Alpha. That's why he is so loud on 40M, with his 4 square. Say, that's a readily verifiable fact, isn't it?

View attachment 368950 View attachment 368952 View attachment 368953 View attachment 368954

10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I ALSO have my pride and joy: an MLA2500 FRANKEN AMP!

Converted to 3CX800's, vacuum relay, no separate filament transformer. The world's smallest QROh! AMP! That baby stays home with the Alpha 91b and the LK800C or takes trips out west with me:).

WF9Q likes this.
  11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

NO ONE was/is GIVING AWAY FREE AMPS.

I am in a position to LOAN amps out to those who have a NEED, especially as DX.

No one was empowering you to accept charity and spend it on the craps table--an analogy to make the point.

Don't you have ANY shame????

Or do you view the world as a buncha chumps to meet your sense of entitlement..

12. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Someone needs to learn what "the knob is spun" means. Not this.

KE4TA and WR2E like this.
  13. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Facts and exposure now complete.

QRZ...DX?

14. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Pretty sure mine had 3CX800's, but that was back in the 80's sometime.

What do you think of ACOMS, I am waiting for the 2100 to be released in the USA, it sure has the eye appeal.

15. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

The normal complement of tubes on an MLA2500 was 8875's, which have 1/2 the total plate dissipation of 2 3CX800's....

ACOM makes superb amps!

The Expert amps have captured the market because they are auto tune with frequency sensitive electronics...this means that you can essentially run remote stations with little required control save for the rig and antenna switch/rotor.

One less worry!