ad: portazero-1

Looking to borrow Amplifier

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KE4TA, Apr 27, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KE4TA

KE4TA Ham Member QRZ Page

Nah, we're good now. I thought I had the opportunity to get a 240v amplifier for shipping cost only, but it wasn't to be. Luckily, my house is in a sellers market and I got a nice load of extra cash to help out with purchasing stuff like an amp.

Alan

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Utter nonsense.

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Good grief guys - GET A ROOM. Why is this mutual-personal attack slug-fest crap a forum topic??

Dave
    W7UUU

K1TGX, WF4W and WB0MPB like this.
  4. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

So what's the call gonna be in Rwanda and what is your planned operating schedule?

5. KE4TA

Call is TBD, easier to register once I get there. I should have it by the time my shipment arrives with the radio and antenna. Operating schedule will be holiday style for the next 2-3 years. I can guarantee at least an hour per day, weekends, contests, field day will be for longer hours. Modes will be digital (mode dependent upon conditions), SSB, and CW (I'm going to be slow, but I'll try).

Bands will be 20m-6m for the most part, our house won't have room for anything larger. I'll be using a hexbeam on a push up tower, armstrong rotator.

If you'd like to follow along, I have a website www.rwandadx.com.

Alan

6. K1TGX

K1TGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

As others have said, forget the past. You are moving into a great adventure. Enjoy the hell out of it.

7. KE4TA

Its going to be a great time. We're looking forward to it. This will be the first time I've gotten to 'live' overseas since the 90's.

8. 4L5A

4L5A QRZ Lifetime Member #68 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

9. KE4TA

Thanks! I'll have my submission into DXnews after I get my Rwanda callsign. I did hear from another ham over there, who said the license costs 100$ per year.

Alan

4L5A likes this.
  10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Just as an update on the QRO Club.... several months ago I forwarded an Alpha, free of charge, to TZ4AM. Today I received confirmation that amp was finally sent from Jeff's USA QTH and is on its way to Mali. This amp will be used in TZ4 and possibly elsewhere in Central and East Africa.

The QRO Club amps are intended for DX THAT NEEDS amplifiers, which means the operators cannot afford amps. There is no 'catch', save for playing by that important rule of NEED versus available resources, and if anyone knows what I get out of this as some benefit ,well, hey! Fill me in!:)

I wish safe travels to all our DX friends.

Chip W1YW

WF9Q likes this.
  11. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Really, your social media shame attack is pathetic.

WR2E likes this.
  12. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

K1TGX---

Just so you know,

I am the '3V8SS delivery service'.... Enjoy the QSL my friend. I forwarded it after Norby sent me your card in error. I am still waiting for mine:)

As many know, I do lots of things in the background that tend to be anonymous.

Chip W1YW

13. KE4TA

I'll believe it when the amp is received and on the air. When i asked for the amplifier, I didn't have the resources. If I was not lucky enough to be in a sellers market, I would not have had the opportunity.

What you get is something to feed your fragile ego.

14. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Based upon your current actions and statements you clearly lack the character of someone that would be trusted with an expensive piece of equipment.

After assessing your character based upon your statements and actions in the post I will not waste my time to contact your "DX" location.

Additionally, you should fully disclose how much revenue your will "DX expedition" will take in, at a few bucks a QSL card you should be pretty well off financially.

15. KE4TA

OK, well, have a nice time, I'm not sure what kind of DXpeditions you do, but I won't make a dime of profit. I'm actually not handling any monetary aspects with regard to QSLs.

You have no idea about my character. Apparently the Marine Corps was more than happy to trust me with a few million dollars worth of equipment, so I'll trust their assessment over someone I've never met.

As for your lack of desire to contact me, I'm sure i'll get by... somehow.

A