K1MAN Responds

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. W5MJL

W5MJL Ham Member QRZ Page

I said broadcast amateur radio news.  All broadcasts are restricted to amateur news and events.  Editorials commenting on why Riley is a moron does not fall into amateur radio information.

2. AF4K

AF4K Ham Member QRZ Page

Wrong again. Of course articles about Riley have to
    do with amateur radio! He is a licensed radio amateur
    (and incidentally has done a lot of godd for amateur radio.)

I just hope FCC has some far better lawyers than you if
    they want to win in court!

This is all SUCH a pathetic storm in a teacup. All it
    shows is that those of us on this thread have a LOT
    of opinions - and nothing better to do (LOL!)
    YMMV - 73

3. W5MJL

W5MJL Ham Member QRZ Page

Well winning in court is an entirely different matter. Personally, I don't think the fcc will win, but I am sure they will not renew his license. Whatever happens, it's going to take a long long time.

4. K4AVG

K4AVG Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok
    Here I am 15 years old a General class who has 2 nets one local and one on tuesday on 3.9325 at 1900 et. And even I say DUDE GET A LIFE!! Have fun with your law case. May the best federal agency win!!

Jordan Webb, K4AVG

5. 4S7RO

4S7RO Ham Member QRZ Page

XE1/K7JAZ: Sir, you are entitled to your opinion.

However, if expressing an honest opinion makes me "biased" that makes you prejudiced.

You make a statement that I am "uninformed" but fail to say why you think so. Elsewhere you state the value of ARRL transmissions as opposed to the worthless nature of K1MAN's transmissions. That might be your opinion which I respect, but I am sure there are others who disagree (at least in part).

The theory that W1AW is a powerhouse compared to my "peanut whistle 100w running a dipole" also shows how high you are perched on that horse, assuming all DX stations are peanut whistles! It is not for me to tell you what I run when I am at "4S7RO" and also not for me to waste other people's time, explaining to you power gain/loss (in decibels). I just checked your call at QRZ.COM and found it has had 411 hits. 4S7RO had 2558 (even though QSL has always been via DJ9ZB)!!! I think it is fair to say that a DX station and an avid DXer usually knows what it takes to be heard

You can't be serious if you suggest that W1AW ALWAYS checks the frequency, and/or moves away to a clear frequency before starting on their scheduled frequencies!

6Y5/4S7RO

6. N5MDF

N5MDF Ham Member QRZ Page

Common sense post of the day. In the days of internet, I see known reason why our amateur radio spectrum should be shared with emailers and automated digital bots or one-way broadcasts of any kind.  It's pretty simple IMO. Progress [digital/automation] has its proper place and it's not on the amateur bands. Am I just simple-minded?  [​IMG] Just my simple-minded opinion then I guess. Heck I still love CW and always will, albeit mine ain't very fast. I have bashed nobody and do not claim to be an EE.
    This Baxter guy and anyone else or organization [or band plan proposals] who use our bands for profit, one-way automation/broadcasting, advertisements, "email" [sheesh] or intentional QRM need to be stopped.

7. W5HTW

W5HTW Ham Member QRZ Page

I tried. I managed to read maybe two pages.

What a waste of time. Fred should never have put this on QRZ.. He had no obligation to be fair, but it sure did raise the hit counter, I guess.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

all aside i hope justice is served.
    also,if his equipment gets yanked can i have it?[​IMG]

9. N5TJZ

N5TJZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Wouldn’t that be osculating?

10. K7JAZ

K7JAZ Guest

Not that I care what you think, but just to let you know:

1. I say your opinion is biased because of what you wrote, for one thing, "I've been listening to Baxter's side for years". Who but a Baxter friend or sympathizer would?

2. I don't need to say why you're uninformed, your entire post already says it very well.

3. Others who disagree with my assumed value placed on W1AW's transmissions vs. Baxters? Probably true, but then there were also others who also thought they'd get a ride on comet Hale-Bopp if they killed themselves. I don't care too much what others think or do when I know they're full of it.

4. You say I assume all DX stations are peanut whistles? I wasn't even referring to you personally or ANY DX stations. I was aiming that at all of us who run moderate amounts of power. You are the one making a lot of assumptions and all of them wrong.

5. Hits on my QRZ page? So what? I've been licensed since 1970 and have already been on the air plenty. I don't go on that much lately. For one thing I don't enjoy talking to people like you. Mainly I have just been too busy with other things last few years. Got a problem with that? Too bad.

6. I never suggested that W1AW always checks on freq as you say I did. You are a perfect example of one who looks at something and sees something entirely different. I'll bet you aren't much of a conversationalist, no one can be if they can't listen to what's being said. Guess you'd better stay with "you're 5 & 9, tnx, 73... QRZ?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.