ad: MyersEng-1

K1MAN Responds

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K4CDK

K4CDK Ham Member QRZ Page

Well I see K1MAN has given a new meaning to educational internet from the looks of the posts.
    Wonder what new hams are thinking -- is it worth it or not to be licensed?
    I hear rules violations every day on the radio -- some worse than others --- blanton violations need to be addressed and action taken.
    Guess we will have to let time take care of this one.

2. N6BOA

N6BOA Ham Member QRZ Page

KD4XME, Bill ... I was a NCT, then a 5 wpm General, now a 5 wpm Extra... my bad??? I s'pose so!

3. W5MJL

W5MJL Ham Member QRZ Page

Shame on YOU!  You are not following the NCI line.  You must wait for the code to be abolished, and then you shall be rewarded. [​IMG]

4. AA5ET

AA5ET Ham Member QRZ Page

K1MAN must not have much of a life...

5. N6BOA

N6BOA Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL- W7WIK - apparently neither do the rest of us at this point! I shall bow out now while I'm behind.:p

6. 4S7RO

4S7RO Ham Member QRZ Page

Can somebody tell me why W1AW can broadcast and why K1MAN is not supposed to? Why people are allowed to phone in and advertise their Ham Radios for sale (Swap nets) and why K1MAN can't refer to his website? The ARRL sells millions of $ worth or Ham related merchandise -- doesn't it?

How come W1AW can start up on frequencies that are sometimes already in use by Hams all around the world, but still should not be regarded harmful and malicious interference? Is the International Ham fraternity expected to get out of the way when W1AW wants to start up? Most new Hams outside the US don't even know who W1AW is. Neither is it a prerequisite to know what or who the ARRL is. Why should one station enjoy privileges others don’t? The FCC may offer the ARRL certain privilages, but Amateur Radio is an International hobby and W1AW has over the years taken over frequencies already in use.

If International regulations s state that no Amateur Radio station shall make one way broadcast, how come W1AW is exempt from this rule? Sure, I have found W1AW bulletins of some use, but I also find K1MAN transmissions serve to educate an International audience about some of the double standards that exists out there. Rather than gang up on the man, I suggest we reform not only K1MAN but also the ARRL.

As an unbiased listener from outside the US, I have for years listened to Glenn Baxter’s side of the story and I truly believe he is being bullied by the big wigs. Do I approve of everything I hear him do/say? NO, CERTAINLY NOT.

Ron, 6Y5/4S7RO

7. K7JAZ

K7JAZ Guest

You are not "unbiased", you are obviously biased FOR Baxter. What you are, is uninformed. Your remarks about one-way transmission, specifically comparing Baxter's transmissions to W1AW certainly prove that.

That's your problem. And proof that you are indeed biased.

8. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

??????

OK folks......

I'd like some answers TOO !!

9. W5MJL

From what I understand, k1man or anyone else for that matter is allowed to broadcast amateur radio news. Unfortunately for him, what he calls news is propaganda, which is not allowed. He was giving personal derogatory editorials.

10. KU2S

KU2S Ham Member QRZ Page

Touche - yet my comments were of a general nature, and not directed personally toward any individual. Seems to me then, that the pot was calling the kettle GREY...

11. N0OV

N0OV Guest

Oh that didn't help.  Now we're going to get into censorship.

One thing that should happen before ANYONE transmits (scheduled or not) is to listen to the frequencies and NOT transmit over an on-going QSO.

12. W5MJL

LOL, I'll give ya that one!!!!

13. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Stupidity and arrogance should be painful. If it was, MAN would be in agony.

K2WH

14. WA1IWH

WA1IWH Guest

OK Mr. Baxter, I now have heard your side of the story.
    And after reading your response, and to give you a fair shake, I listened to your diatribes on the air as well as your web site.

Having given my best to see your side of what's going on, and, understand what your point is, I have come to one conclusion.

You are depriving a village somewhere, of an idiot.

15. WD8BIL

WD8BIL Ham Member QRZ Page

Part 97.3 - Definitions----

As stated in the NAL, K1MAN's broadcasts are to the general public.

The W1AW bulletins are to the general amateur radio public. As is evident at the start of each bulletin ; QST QST de W1AW ... or on voice... "Calling All Amateurs ect..."

So by strict definition W1AW does not "broadcast".
    And, as I have posted before, there is evidence that they do indeed have a control operator at the site during,and he does listen to the frequency and has qsy'd a bit to avoid qsos in progress.

I am not, nor do I care to be, a League member. But fair is fair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.