ad: cq2k-1

Incorrect "Trivia Quiz" Answer?

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by N4LSJ, Oct 25, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Ha! Yeah, me too.

Sometime I get better scores after taking the same quiz several times. ;)

2. K7KBN

K7KBN Ham Member QRZ Page

You had to be 21yo AND had to hold at least a General class license to administer the morse/written tests for Novice and/or Conditional. This was back in the late 1950s and it might have been at least 18yo. And you couldn't charge the test taker any fee. Seems the VEs have been around longer than we think.

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

ONLY when the VE test is given in a bar ;)

Dave
    W7UUU

K7KBN likes this.
  4. K7KBN

K7KBN Ham Member QRZ Page

One of my classmates all the way through K-8 and High School had a dad who was a Notary Public. Cost me six blocks' worth of shoeleather to get that stamp on my applications, but he never charged me a dime.

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

True - but that wasn't what the trivia question asked.

Dave
    W7UUU

6. W4KYR

W4KYR Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe in some countries there is an age requirement for a ham license
    There was a requirement to be 18 to get a CB license.
    Is there are any age requirement for a GMRS license?

7. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That is how I do as well. I like the history ones - the Zepp one today, e.g. Got that right. - The tech ones I sometimes remember some but most are mostly "I didn't know that" or "I don't remember."

As one gets older, they lose three things: their memory and I don't remember the other two.

K7KBN and W2AI like this.
  8. W7UUU

May well be but that wasn't the subject of the trivia question that this thread is about

Dave
    W7UUU

9. K6CLS

here's another borken one from today's quiz:

Question: The communication system that until about 2003 was used for radio contact with submerged submarines is known by the acronym_____?

Answer: ELF​

um, ELF is the frequency range, not the communication system. ULF < ELF < VLF < LF < MF < HF ... etc.

10. W7UUU

This isn’t the forum to report trivia concerns

Just hit “report” at the end of the quiz to report the question - one of the Trivia editors will respond to the report as his schedule allows. Just know that once it's been edited, it's no longer visible in that day's queue and gets replaced with a new question.

Dave
    W7UUU

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  11. K6CLS

thanks, Dave. my point was not that particular question could be fixed, my point is we don't have to look far to find questions that could be improved.

K8EEI likes this.
  12. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Speaking of improvements, there's some room here: " here's another borken one from today's quiz:"

13. K6CLS

You're hired!

(that came from a place I worked a long time ago, a typo in a software bug report, we all started using it.)

14. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

And I deserved that. May I borrow the quote?

15. K6CLS

ha ha! of course.

K8VHL likes this.