ad: AbAuRe-1

IC705 Demo Models arriving at Amateur outlets in Japan

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by ZS1SBW, May 19, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K9TAY

K9TAY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

$1,200 USD seems pretty steep, that must be with the built-in coffee maker ;)

2. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

When I worked for JRC in the 90’s I visited the factory in Mitaka and sales office in Akasaka a few times. Each time there I made a point to spend a Saturday afternoon in Akihabara. T-Zone was my favorite.

K9UR, ZS1SBW and JF1IRQ like this.
  3. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Same price as an IC-706MK-IIG 20+ years ago, not counting for inflation! It's a bargain.

ZS1SBW likes this.
  4. W6UXB

W6UXB Ham Member QRZ Page

Mind you I have been having a second look at the Yeasu FT-818 with the SotaBeams speech processor and audio DSP unit could be the real alternative for half the price with my loop antenna, no need for spectrum display with a loop antenna not enough bandwidth! I used to have the FT-817 worked FB

5. W6UXB

Looked at all the ham dealers and I guess the FT-818 is back ordered everywhere, I guess the Covid crisis has got us all on QRP!

6. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

darn. hmmm. for HF only, how about a KX2? I have not tried a Xiegu but they are $half price and more watts, good reports from folks...

7. WC5P

WC5P Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

HRO website shows it in stock at some of their locations.

Long term backorder might be bad news as the rebate runs out at the end of June.

8. K8HIT

K8HIT Ham Member QRZ Page

I just looked, that's the reservation, not the rig (maybe you were referring to the other rig). I placed my reservation on September 1st, 2019.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  9. WC5P

WC5P Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

My post was in response to W6UXB comment about the FT-818. As far as I know, IC-705 is not for sale anywhere yet.

10. G8LIY

G8LIY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

People seem to forget that... I agree, a bargain for what it represents..

ZS1SBW likes this.
  11. VK2TXB

VK2TXB Ham Member QRZ Page

Rocket Radio Store there is amazing!!!

12. KA4TMT

KA4TMT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The IC705 demo models are just getting released, a QRP radio, and the SFI just jumped above 70 this week and has trended higher, is there anything the ICOM marketing department cant do!!!!

K8HIT likes this.
  13. W6UXB

After looking at the Icom 7300 specs I am having second thoughts the BDR is not that good I have been looking at the RG ONE radio from Bulgaria, the home of those great Acom Amplifiers, mind you is this any improvement on my Fine Ten Tec Argonaut V? maybe but for twice the price, still very tempted!

14. W6UXB

RG ONE great looking radio HF only though!

15. VK4DX

VK4DX Ham Member QRZ Page

What's RG ONE?