ad: wmr-1

HRD Software, LLC releases version 5.11a

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6R, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

For the JT65 crowd, Joe and I are meeting for lunch on Friday to discuss how to integrate the two together (JT65/DM-780).

2. W6MQI

W6MQI Ham Member QRZ Page

Hope some automatic functionality that JT65HF uses can be implemented into DM780 version I don't even use WSJT for Hf work anymore.

Dave.

3. M0TGN

M0TGN Ham Member QRZ Page

Well ive put my money where my mouth is and supported HRD by paying the $59. I use HRD every time Im on the radio, and it just seems crazy to be using somthing so much but not contribute, or support. Its a bit like QRZ - I use it everytime i'm on the air so its another service which I also support.

Dan

4. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

thank you Dan :)

5. GI7OMY

GI7OMY Ham Member QRZ Page

As someone who contributed financially the entire time I was using it (I sent about 50 Euros over the years to Simon by direct debit) I take a bit of offence being told I 'got it free'. I am certainly NOT going to pay $80 for an 'update'

6. W1MBB

W1MBB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is that $80 a year??

7. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

If you pay that price, you get the product and updates for a year. If you want updates after that time frame, you will have to pay more when that time comes (is what it looks like)

8. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

let me say this again.

1. If you purchase now, you get free updates until May 2013

2. After May 2013 upgrades will be 1/2 of retail per year. $39.95

3. 5.11 is free and you can use it forever

4. If you get 6 and dont pay for any upgrades, you can still use the last 6.x version you were under warrenty for forever.

Is this finally clear?

9. KC7YRA

KC7YRA Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't think it is a clear issue, it has to do with the fact that people don't want to read through 27 pages to find all the info.

Looking at your website, it isn't clearly available there.

I understand you have taken some flak and for the most part you have handled it well. Starting to throw out phrases like that which indicate the ignorace of your customers, does nothing for your product. Any and every time a customer (or potential customer) expresses interest in clarifying your process, you should just have a canned response you can send them. Especially since the information does not seem clear on any other website than the 27 pages here. It will get repetitive, but so is the life of your business.

While we are on lack of info on your website, every tab I click on says something to the effect of "not active". Is that simply because I am not a member or because something is broken?

Brad

10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Support for HRD

What is going to be considered as a Upgrade ?

And when will w4pcsoftware begin to pay for advertizing on This QRZ forum ? (Sounds fair too share the wealth)

Support comes to them that support.

11. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

FYI, Fred and I already have a deal in place.. have had since 1997..

but yes, you'll be seeing banners soon too.

12. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

God, hopefully! This subject has been beat-to-death in so many places. If it's not clear by now, it never will be.

Lesson learned: If you think you're going to sell something, don't ever offer it for free, or people will expect the handout forever.

13. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

What is clear is this.
    27 pages mostly filled with hams who are willing to pay something for your software. Those who are willing to pay $80 with yearly subscription costs, those who stand to make a few bucks (as related to this site) and the new owners of HRD have belittled those who express their opinion that $80 is too much by referring to them as Cheap Skates, Free loaders and one went so far to suggest that one paid subscription would probably be passed around the Ham club. Another suggests that those who use Windows7 Home edition are morons.

So, what is clear is that it really is all about the money...on both sides.

14. KA9MOT

Simon never intended it to be sold. Try it, if you like it, make a donation.

There is nothing wrong with charging for it. Charging twice what it is worth and then yearly subscriptions so you can get updates and upgrades? Something is very wrong with that.

I don't see anybody looking for a handout, I see 27 pages of people willing to pay something for it and disagreeing on the price and discussing the matter.
    I also see the salesman who decided to advertise his product in the "Amateur Radio News" section of QRZ getting a little frustrated. Shouldn't this be in the "Ham Made Gear" section?

15. KA9MOT

Just to make this "finally clear"....

Updates or Upgrades? You need the subscription to get updates? Or Upgrades? If Upgrades, and no new Upgrades for the year, can we get a refund?

Clear that up for me will ya?

BTW, I don't even use HRD any longer, but I recommend it to allot of new folks and folks who can't get around the menu systems in their radios.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.