ad: UR5CDX-1

HR2.0 - YouTubers Bunch Discusses ARRL Membership Benefits and Fallbacks

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Oct 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

A stated right to reject or expell doesn't necessarily make doing so legally or morally correct. Due process must prevail.

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Who is that?

Can you direct us to the post #'s in this thread where it is stated, or heavily inferential, that the 'ARRL is "great"?"

Or does this have to do, again with 'micturation in footwear', as you said it. (See post #54).

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  3. KF4ZNL

KF4ZNL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Can't afford to rejoin AARL at this time miss the QST magazine. Ill will join again someday.

W1YW likes this.
  4. WB8WKQ/SK2022

WB8WKQ/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

I was an ARRL member for decades. I'm heavily involved with, what some would call, the archaic NTS (National Traffic System), which has basically been re-invented as a non-ARRL entity called RRI (Radio Relay International). The reason I have canceled membership was the horrible condescension of the League brass towards traffic handlers. I don't want to bore you all with the details, but a quick synopsis of the situation included them dismissing some very important and hard work we performed on the Cascadia Rising Exercise. It snowballed into the ARRL brass firing one of the three NTS chairpersons, and then the other two quitting. We all reunited under the RRI banner and over 2/3 of the country became RRI and dismissed ARRL's NTS.

Now, to be fair, a lot of the leaders who were involved in this debacle, have fortunately been canned, let go, or resigned in disgrace (not only for the NTS debacle, but the Puerto Rico debacle, and others). This "house cleaning" is and was very welcomed and has me on the fence as to re-upping with the League, but there are a couple others who must go before I (and many others) consider reconciliation. A very positive thing in my opinion, was the formation of MAV (My ARRL Voice), which was a group who actually assisted getting a few candidates into Division Director roles there in Newington. I would encourage anyone with some real strong opinons (either way) to take a look at MAV. They have fought for transparency and to rid the "good ole boy" group think there. But, as mentioned before, there's more work to be done.

5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

ARRL has made some dramatic transitions in a short period of time. Keep in mind that many of the MAV folks are now in leadership positions at ARRL.

Appreciate that you have your comfort zone:) Hope u re-join at some point:)

6. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Apparently you were ecstatic about the value for money spent. Or did I miss the part where ARRL blackmailed you to join and submit an application for the award? :)

AD5HR and W1YW like this.
  7. KD7TTT

KD7TTT Ham Member QRZ Page

What?

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

He's saying that no one forced you to get the award....and that's all the 'value' you sought , despite the 'value' extending beyond the certificate.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  9. G5TM

G5TM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Superb reply. The same could also be said for the RSGB in the UK as per the ARRL.

W1YW likes this.