ad: elecraft

HR2.0 - YouTubers Bunch Discusses ARRL Membership Benefits and Fallbacks

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Oct 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, we all arise from total depravity.

I do hope some will explore the theological basis for that term rather than assume a base definition.

Hint: think 'Eden'. And getting thrown out of it. Original sin.

If there wasn't a hell then for many, we surely would invent it.

Biting the apple gains wisdom but invokes responsibility.

I am , frankly surprised at the response of a minister, for example. But that's my opinion. Yours may differ and probably does.

Chip W1YW

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Shunning, Excommunication, ect exists in churches and society for good reason.

3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

You seem to do a pretty good job of that outside the door, in my opinion.

Try to be kinder. Might work out better for you.

Chip W1YW

4. W1TRY

W1TRY Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm afraid of letting my ARRL membership lapse because I don't want to have to retake the 20 wpm code test to rejoin.
    (Wait, WHAT?)
    Nevermind...

5. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

========================= ALL THE PEOPLE SAID AMEN.jpg
    W2NSD WAYNE GREEN.jpg ==

6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hahah!

BRILLIANT!

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Absolutely nothing wrong with disagreeing with the ARRL.

Absolutely nothing wrong pointing out things they should be doing on behalf of US hams.

Just remember that the bricks in Newington are used to make a path, not build a wall. I am being both figurative AND literal.

At some point the folks with the placards become the folks with the leadership. ARRL is definitely embracing some of that.

Kindly notice and act accordingly:)

8. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

YES...YES.....LOGIC DICTATES..........

9. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

It also dictates to not Pee in my boot,...... and then tell me that it is raining

AE5GT likes this.
  10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

This remark---A high point for Part 97 communications ....

11. AE5GT

AE5GT Ham Member QRZ Page

Who said they were on the list ? We're talking about something that happened 40 years ago , most rape victims never report it out of fear of being stigmatized , pedophilia is no different ,except its the parents that dont report it. Especially if they live in the deep South.

They use intimidation to keep people mouths shut and they even get the victim's parents and everybody else to help because they dont want to stigmatized the victim , that way they can keep on getting what they want from whomever they want it. One guy lost his job because he threatened to open his mouth. His work was stolen out of his vehicle and then they reported him to his supervisor for not getting the work done. Fortunately I didn't live there, I just saw the results of it.

Remember the Boy Scouts new moto ...Be Prepared , next time bring a condom. That was their solution . And I am not even going to bring up the Catholic Church.

Vetting only catches the ones dumb enough to get caught , The really nasty ones get away with it with everyone knowing about it .

There is a lot of little dirty secrets out there , You should be glad that the ARRL bothered to tell you.Most wouldn't.

12. AE5GT

AE5GT Ham Member QRZ Page

"Your cell mates are complaining that you wake them up at night, Pee into the SIDE of the bucket comrade".

The Last Emperor

13. KM4KGN

KM4KGN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am not exactly sure what you are referring too.

It was brought out when the individual was discovered on the Sex Offender Registry for two different States. The ARRL didn't tell anyone anything about it...they simply signaled their acceptance by refusing to take action.

14. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

So...

CALL OUT THE FACTS.

Who is it; what was/were the convictions; articulate what steps were taken BY THOSE WHO DISCOVERED THE FACTS to notify the FCC.

There are very few situations in which a convicted felon is --allowed-- a Part 97 license. Failure to notify in the application and/or renewal was/is likely to produce revocation of the license.

This hardly appears to be an ARRL issue. Either the alleged felon has a basis for a Part 97 license or not.

If there IS a basis for a Part 97 license then get off others' case about it: It's not their call. Revoke or be quiet.

15. KM4KGN

KM4KGN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Pretty simplistic thinking for a person of your "alleged" vast intelligence.

Believe me, I would be tickled to death to give out all of the dietitians on this matter...unfortunately posting the name of the individual here could easily be construed as harassment under the law...and a smart guy like you should see exactly why that is an avenue I am not willing to go down.

If having a child molester in a key ARRL program "hardly appears to be an ARRL issue", then I would appear that you too have also signaled your acceptance.

Now you have a good evening....