ad: chuckmartin

How to get an alert when somebody important is on the air - HamAlert

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM9G, Aug 14, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

I miss Art Bell, too, though our local C2CAM affiliate does an hour every Saturday night of "Somewhere in Time." I also miss John B. Wells.

Noory is a lame poser and snake oil salesman.

VE3GCX likes this.
  2. VE3GCX

VE3GCX Ham Member QRZ Page

Coast to coast really has gone hill since the days when Art Bell was the host and it was mostly truckers that called in. I used to pick it up in Montreal on 1470 out of Buffalo NY.

Noory is too busy pushing Super beets and his TV show Ancient aliens to make it interesting, though I will listen for the Hallowe'en Show "Ghost to Ghost"

3. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Amen.

Coast to Coast AM grew in popularity when AM broadcasting was going through some significant changes. And with those changes in the industry came some corporate shenanigans and power grabs. Sadly, Art Bell's gem of a program got caught up in some of that. I was particularly displeased how John B. Wells was dismissed for not marching to the beat of the corporate overlords or kissing Noory's boots.

I still regularly tune in the hear what's going on, but more often than not spin the dial and tune in Red Eye Radio Network.