ad: MyersEng-1

How to get an alert when somebody important is on the air - HamAlert

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM9G, Aug 14, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. GW0TOI

GW0TOI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Everybody needs a Lert !!

W9EBE likes this.
  2. K7KBN

K7KBN Ham Member QRZ Page

Isn't that what Facebook is for?

WN1MB likes this.
  3. W3ATT

W3ATT Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately, this is the way the "zed" is. Bunch of crusty old dudes bashing on anything that doesn't have tubes in it and doesn't know code.

I read over these comments from time to time and pray to God that I never become this way. And I tend to stick up for the underdogs in these situations since I can't stand the bullying that goes on in here. By the way, why do these guys spend sooooo much time in the forum instead of being on the air?

KM9G likes this.
  4. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.” - George Bernard Shaw

F8WBD, WR2E and N1IPU like this.
  5. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

It would seem to me that allowing anyone to post their video is fine as long as its limited to say once a week. Flooding QRZ with daily videos trying to monetize the same is just wrong. Never mind the fact that it takes time to produce a quality video with actual information we seem to be encouraging the lowest common denominator.

F8WBD and G7DAZ like this.
  6. VE3GCX

VE3GCX Ham Member QRZ Page

After determining there would unlikely be anything of interest he would likely say, I just added his call to "People you ignore"
    His posts are still visible on the Splash Page but is invisible when browsing the forums.
    Attention, is what he appears to want. Take that away and he might stop.

upload_2020-8-17_10-25-54.png

7. G7DAZ

G7DAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Shame really :rolleyes: as i was hoping to hide "those" posts as well; along with that "other" $$$ chaser that spams the Zed.

8. VE3GCX

VE3GCX Ham Member QRZ Page

Normally I will go direct to the forums with just a quick glance at the splash page so not a problem. I do not mind videos so long as I get a modicum of useful information.
    "Influencers" who present click bait, and leave me without a taste in return for my click, leave me feeling cheated.

I like this guy's solution for so-called influences.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48873551

F8WBD likes this.
  9. KA1YBS

KA1YBS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

... A line in your signature says it all.

"I'm not in it for the contacts... I'm in it for the connections."

I think that's what the negative comments are saying, more followers = more connections = ?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  10. VE3ZYR

VE3ZYR Ham Member QRZ Page

Death to Youtube!
    pitchtorch.gif

VE3GCX, G7DAZ and WN1MB like this.
  11. KI7HSB

KI7HSB Ham Member QRZ Page

On YooToob, more followers does not = more connections, it mean "more ad click revenue"... the sort of money grubbing and spamming that sets off all of the OMs and FUDs here on QRZ.

As to my tag-line, it simply means that I don't do contests. I'm more interested in making friends around the world.

WN1MB and KA1YBS like this.
  12. KA1YBS

KA1YBS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Agreed on that one.

KI7HSB likes this.
  13. G4OBB

G4OBB Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree....but what is FUD ?????

14. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

removed

15. WE4B