ad: elecraft

Goodbye FT8, Hello Olivia, The MAGIC Digital Mode For HF!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, Oct 23, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KG5THG

KG5THG Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Any mode that you can contact anyone for any purpose is a good mode. Enjoying all the different ones I have run into so far. Each has their place in the spectrums.

W9FTV, KK5R, KK3Q and 1 other person like this.
  2. WB0OEW

WB0OEW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was using Olivia one evening at 5W to talk for two hours to a ZL. I didn't realize until after we finished my antenna had fallen down some time during the QSO! I have been an Olivia fan ever since.

NQ1B, DM1KW, KQ6XA and 3 others like this.
  3. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

When JT65 came out, it was great,but slow. Then FT8 this last June, but it's computer to computer contacts. hello/goodbye's OLIVIA is really a great mode.I used it quite often in the mobile and still use it. I wished more people would get on OLIVIA. I am on 80-17 meters olivia 250,500 and 1000. mostly 500. 8/500. hpe to c u on 14.072.50 khz 8/500 de KA1BSZ/M VERMONT FN33WX.

4. KA1BSZ

oh yes and CONTESTIA IS REALLY GREAT.....AND THERE'S THOR,THROB,DOM,MFSK,HELL,FSK 31,PACKTOR,AMTOR,G TORE,RTTY,CW,MT63,PSK 31.......PSK 31 OPERATORS ARE WEIRD 8.9 MINUTE QSO'S AND THEN THEY ARE DONE...NO CONVERSATION,NO HELLO HOW IS THE WEATHER YOUR WAY? HOW IS YOUR FAMILY? ETC,ETC,ETC,ETC. NO FRIENDLY QSO AND I SAY " WHAT? 8.9 MINUTE QSO? IS THAT ALL YOU CAN SAY? IS THIS THE OLD RUSSIA???? " then they type very slow and complain because they can't type faster.....so WHO CARES HOW FAST YOU TYPE? SO WHAT! I don't care if it takes you an hour to send 1 word,gotta start somewhere. GET ON OLIVIA,CONTESTIA AND LEARN HOW FUN HAM RADIO CAN BE!

5. KA1BSZ

mfsk and rtty are around. look for them about 14.073,72 and rtty 14.079-099. 7.080-099. rtty dx 7.0740-030 khz de KA1BSZ/M

6. KA1BSZ

OLIVIA and CONTESTIA are great modes. 8/250,8/500,8/1000 are fun de KA1BSZ/M

7. KA1BSZ

well then get on and practice your typing speed and use olivia 8/500 and work me on 8/500 contestia and olivia 14.072.50 khz de KA1BSZ/M

8. KA1BSZ

people complain because they can't type any faster than 2 words per minute.....SO WHAT? get on the air with olivia,contestia,amtor,pactor. how can you learn if you don't use it? DE KA1BSZ/M 14.072.50 KHZ.

9. F1ABE

F1ABE Subscriber QRZ Page

10. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Baudot Forever or go to HELL! :)

WB0MM and W1MNK like this.