ad: UR5CDX-1

GigaParts Technology Superstore Grand Opening 3/23/24

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4LKO, Mar 22, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. W4LKO

W4LKO Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]
    GigaParts celebrates the Grand Opening on Saturday March 23, 2024 of the new Technology Superstore located in Huntsville Alabama! If you're in the area or near by, come see us. It will be a fun filled day with activities for all ages. Presentations, prize drawings, discounts and much more!

You can find out more about the grand opening visiting this link: https://www.gigaparts.com/huntsville

Our friend Jason at HamRadio 2.0 stopped by for a store tour - check it out here:

rs4.jpg

KD2ANN, N0TZU, W7LVC and 11 others like this.
  2. KI5BMK

KI5BMK Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope they do better then Fry's did....

[​IMG]
    GigaParts celebrates the Grand Opening on Saturday March 23, 2024 of the new Technology Superstore located in Huntsville Alabama! If you're in the area or near by, come see us. It will be a fun filled day with activities for all ages. Presentations, prize drawings, discounts and much more!

You can find out more about the grand opening visiting this link: https://www.gigaparts.com/huntsville

Our friend Jason at HamRadio 2.0 stopped by for a store tour - check it out here:

View attachment 1162787 [/QUOTE]

N5MLS, W9MDH, WD1L and 3 others like this.
  3. N9AMI

N9AMI Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking forward to checking it out during the Huntsville Hamfest this year.

KG4WXU likes this.
  4. WP2ASS

WP2ASS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Man, ext time I'm in the states I want to check it out!

--Shane
    WP2ASS / ex KD6VXI

5. W4FJT

W4FJT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

N7XCZ likes this.
  6. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for sharing my video

WA2KGG likes this.
  7. N4LSJ

N4LSJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Cincinnati desperately needs one. They'd be located near Dayton, Lexington, Louisville, Ashland/Huntington, Columbus and Indianapolis from this location.

W4AXW, KY4CRC, KG4RRH and 4 others like this.
  8. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

But… but… but, but according to the Algonquin Roundtable pundits in the Zed forums, I thought ham radio was dying?! :D

AE8EM, WI4MM, KD7G and 2 others like this.
  9. N6NLX

N6NLX Ham Member QRZ Page

The old Fry’s building here in San Diego is still empty. Open one here. We NEED one! Since HRO left we don’t have anything.

10. N4NRE

N4NRE Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Be sure to check out the restrooms. I know it shows creepy but just do it.

KN4PHS and NU4R like this.
  11. KM6AVH

KM6AVH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hunstville is a great place. I hope the store is very successful.

N4JEM and HB9EPC like this.
  12. PY2TDB

PY2TDB Ham Member QRZ Page

No GigaParts in Las Vegas anymore, then?:oops:

13. KY4PW

KY4PW Ham Member QRZ Page

14. N4NRE

N4NRE Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It SEEMS creepy but they are really something.

15. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

Huntsville is, yes, a very techy place. Been there many times for its hamfests, since I live on the east side of Birmingham.

Just a bit of "parts junkie" history. There used to be a couple of very good parts-focused electronics stores in Huntsville. The best was Mock's Electronics, on US231. There was a second one, and I don't recall its name. Both are history and have been for about 10 years.

Giga survives because of web presence, not its location. I wish them well, but selling parts now is all but consumed by the big 3: Mouser, DigiKey and Newark. Selling ham gear can work with a good web presence. And attending a lot of regional hamfests, which they do. Maybe selling PCs as well.

Actually, Florida, ala Orlando, would have made a lot of sense for a storefront. Central Florida has a ton of hams. Tampa, St. Pete, Ft. Myers, Orlando and the Space Coast.

AE0PL and KE0GXN like this.