ad: elecraft

Free Teamspeak 3 access for hams with crosslinks

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by M6IGJ, Oct 31, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. M6IGJ

M6IGJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello all.

I thought I'd share something that i'd been using for a while... Mainly, where I live, I really struggle with getting into local repeaters on 2/70 as I'm a little remote from most places. As a result, it had seriously depleted my ability to play amateur radio.

After playing around with a few different systems, I found an application called Teamspeak 3 (originally made for online gamers) that supports excellent audio, full duplex, and is very easy to add crosslinks to it.

After using it for several months without issues, i've now opened it up for anyone that a licenced ham.

We use a private server, have several moderators and a host of security features that ensures that those that have access to the different channels are meant to be there.

The active crosslinks are currently connected to different services including Allstar, FRN, Zello and RF repeaters. All of which allow RX and TX.

It's not meant to take people away from playing with real RF, but its more of an addition to the systems available, especially those that aren't in areas that offer great coverage like myself.

The system is free, can be run on Windows, Macs, iPhones, Android and Linux ( can be downloaded from www.teamspeak.com - Android and Apple both charge a fee to download the app).

If anyone is interested, or would like the private server details, please feel free to drop me a line back or visit the facebook page we've set up : www.facebook.com/internationalradionetwork

Equally, feel free to post any comments on here and i'll do my best to answer them.

73's

Gareth - M6IGJ/KJ3VNF

North West UK

KA9JLM likes this.
  2. KJ6OJL

KJ6OJL Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds really cool, and a extra mode / interface is always welcome. Just because it's there doesn't mean those who don't like it but have to use it.
    So another mode very cool!
    Please pm me details. ( I don't have Facebook)
    KJ6OJL

3. M6IGJ

Hi there Don. I was going to email you the details, but your not showing an email address on your QRZ page. But depending on what you are using to access teamspeak 3, there are 3 different "How 2 Guides" that you can use. The PDF file for how to install on a windows based pc is on the google docs link below if that helps? Otherwise, drop me an email and I can send it direct.

73's for now.

Gareth

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ChJvslxyBeQVdldEhST3BYeThIWE1zcmdBcTg5aWsya2Nn/view?usp=sharing

4. M6IGJ

5. N0MIS

N0MIS Ham Member QRZ Page

Good Morning. I am setting up a radio network and someone has told me to set up TeamSpeak. I need your assistance in setting up our teamspeak server and I would like to interface our Dstar reflectors, DMR TG and YSF reflector. I appreciate you help.

6. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks like Gareth hasn't logged in here for about a year and a half. Perhaps you'd have better luck sending him a message at the email address in his profile.