ad: elecraft

First Look at the GIgaParts Explorer Backpack

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KG5AHJ, Jan 5, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm partial to the flesh colored crayons myself.

WD4ELG likes this.
  2. W5CJA

W5CJA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In the past, I have provided you with a link to a specifc product review you've provided where you didn't disclose discounts given. (It was a glowing review of a product from a distributor well known for giving out free or discounted products for review).

I don't hate you. There's no bile or malicious intent. But it is fair to point out facts.

KC5HWB, KE0GXN and WN1MB like this.
  3. WI9LL

WI9LL Ham Member QRZ Page

This is why the conversation earlier had turned to the disclosure rules from the FTC. They are there to protect us as consumers, but also to protect the content creators. Purposefully not using them is malicious and creators that don't are hurting themselves as well as their audience.

W5CJA, KE0GXN and WN1MB like this.
  4. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I wonder if Hickock45 gets to keep the stuff he reviews?! Just kidding.

I do appreciate the reviews, and the Frank the Tank answered my little question (thanks again Franklin)... hey, I was just curious!

I'd do videos too, but I am so smashingly handsome it might cause a fervor with the 20 female hammies in the hobby!

Bye bye, Birdie.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
    KC5HWB and KE0GXN like this.
  5. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Spoken like a true Sailor!

Anchors away my friend! :p

KQ1V likes this.
  6. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Right back to you, my brother!

WD4ELG and KE0GXN like this.
  7. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There is a saying in the Content Creator world - "get 1% better with every video"
    It isn't uncommon that I make mistakes in videos, and I have learned A LOT about how to create content in the last 8 years that I have been doing it. Pointing out facts in a mature and rational manner, or providing constructive criticism, is always welcomed.
    My last response to your post was, once again, in reference to another commenter. The upsetting part is when people point out falsehoods, not facts, or just flat-out make up stories to accommodate their own narrative. My original comment on THIS post was an example of that.

8. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't consider it intelligent to hurl insults towards another commenter on this forum. My enjoyment of participation on this forum would be greatly increased if such immature actions were more regulated and allowed far less often.

W9EBE likes this.
  9. W4FJT

W4FJT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I appreciate Gigaparts making the attempt to do something for the hiking hams and SOTA/ POTA activators. The price seems reasonable for what you get. A couple of suggestions would be a slightly larger 705 bag for the folks like me that put the aftermarket handles on the radio, and some attachment points on the front straps for an HT pouch. And thanks to Tank and the other Youtubers for covering it.