ad: elecraft

First Look at the GIgaParts Explorer Backpack

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KG5AHJ, Jan 5, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Repetition for emphasis.

Frank: Did you purchase the pack or did they give it to you free of charge?

W2PDN and KE0GXN like this.
  2. W2PDN

W2PDN Ham Member QRZ Page

My bad

KQ1V likes this.
  3. W2PDN

See
    Thanks for the taxi service!

KQ1V likes this.
  4. W2PDN

Please answer the question.

5. W5CJA

W5CJA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

WN1MB and KE0GXN like this.
  6. G5WCW

G5WCW Ham Member QRZ Page

Buy lowpro slingshot 300 aw or 302 aw if you can find one.
    Just need to install a couple of eyelets.

7. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

... and now back to the subject. I prefer to not "tactical it up' and I use Osprey and L L Bean bags, as not to draw to attention. Lots of great options out there.

KC5HWB likes this.
  8. WI9LL

WI9LL Ham Member QRZ Page

I have an Osprey Daylight pack that is perfect for my TS-50s and all the associated equipment and batteries as well as coax and wire antenna. I can carry it and hand carry my Jackite pole and set up in a Park pretty quick. I have a small table and chair I take too in case I need it, but most places have picnic tables and I just set up there. Anyway, I absolutely love the Osprey pack quality and want to get one a little larger for travel use on my work trips and our family weekend outings.

KQ1V likes this.
  9. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

I use an Osprey Daylite Cinch for SOTA hikes. I can pack my KX2, 3l of water, various antennas, HT, spare batteries, food, and extra layer. It's a bit stuffed at that point, but only during the winter months. It's perfectly adequate for hikes up to 10 miles RT. It may even be able to hump your gear from the car to the picnic table without looking like a lid. :D

The best part is the pack weighs nothing and isn't chopped up into a bunch of little compartments that reduce general utility.

Chris

K3BOA and KQ1V like this.
  10. WI9LL

Absolutely. A few pockets are fine, but after a certain point they just become unnecessary and take away from the actual bag space. I'd rather separate my gear in to different pouches and put in the bigger compartments then have things all over the place in the bags pockets.

KQ1V likes this.
  11. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I use the 5.11 "Dopp Bag" i.e., nylon shaving kit bag for connectors and tools... it is all I really need.

WI9LL likes this.
  12. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Once again, you aren't very good at paying attention. The only folks who identify us as "Influencers" is you and your crew when trying to sling insults, as if that is a bad word, or something. At no point in my channel, nor any post I ever made, did I call myself an "Influencer" - but you call me (and Frank) that, and then you talk down to us for "identifying" as such.

This type of attitude is what is wrong with Amateur Radio today.

W9EBE likes this.
  13. WI9LL

Why do you take that as an insult. It only has a bad connotation if you take it that way. what you all do is literally the definition of influencer. Now some people have issues with influencers in general so maybe that is where your bad connotation comes from, but by definition, influencing IS what you all do. You use social media to review and promote products. There's nothing wrong with the term itself. If they don't like you as an influencer, then you can call your self something else, say a 'content creator' and they won't like you still. You can call yourself a Frog and if they don't like you they don't like you. Don't get hung up on the word influencer, that's not the problem here and it's definitely not "what is wrong with the hobby".

upload_2023-1-18_15-18-4.png

WZ7U, WN1MB and KE0GXN like this.
  14. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't think it is a bad word, as I already stated in the post you quoted. Nor did I say that the word influencer is what is wrong with the hobby. Please read my statement without putting your own spin on it.

Every time I have been called an Influencer in this forum, it has been in bad taste. The word gets used like it is an insult...again, just read what was originally written. I do agree with your point that it isn't a bad thing, and that it is exactly what I do. However, I have never used that term to identify myself, so when these yahoos start with the insults and say that "all the hamtubers identify as Influencers!" I take issue with it, because I never did. That guy doesn't think I am an Influencer, even if I did call myself one.

In order to better understand why this specific statement was taken as an insult, you would need to go back and read the hundreds of other statements made on this forum over the past few years to see the exact level of hate and bile that spews from the mouths of some of these "experts" . It will take you a long time to do so, and I doubt you will do it. But if you do...you might get a better understanding on what I was actually referring to when I said that this attitude is what was wrong with Amateur Radio.

W9EBE and KQ1V like this.
  15. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

LOL. Was not aware I had a “crew”, but whatever….

I learned my lesson the last time I tried to intelligently engage with you on here. I have no interest in going down that road again as it did not end well with the powers that be.

Unlike you, I enjoy the privilege to participate here.

So, with that said, I bid you adios.

KC5HWB, KQ1V, WZ7U and 1 other person like this.