ad: AbAuRe-1

FCC Report and Order Posted on New Rules

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. AB9QU

AB9QU Ham Member QRZ Page

I wonder what it would have been like way back in the old days, in the very beginning of radio. You know,back
    when the hams made all there own stuff,way back when
    no one had to have a license yet.Wouldn't it be something if they would have had Internet and forums back then. So everyone has been homebroowing all their own equipment,then along comes some store bought radio stuff.I wonder if the boards would have been burning up with "they are buying store bought radios.It's
    the dumbing down of the service." Later the requirement
    to have to draw circuits gets eliminated."It's the dumbin down of radio as we know it".Then comes SSB.
    I am sure there were plenty of other things that I don't know about were changed. Maybe there were some letters to the magazines about the changes,I don't know.
    It would be interesting to know if it got so vicious.There has been a lot of changes over the years.I don't think any of them wrecked the Hobey yet.I don't think this will ether.Have fun! [​IMG]

2. N1DVJ

N1DVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I decided to delete!

3. KC7GNM

KC7GNM Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok let me rephrase that. I didn't lose any CW space and neither did anyone. CW can be used thoughout the band. It is the only mode afforded that privilege.

4. K4JF

K4JF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Legally. But not practically in real life.

5. N3KTH

N3KTH Ham Member QRZ Page

And the CBers will have to learn the new lingo of your hobby so that they can sound intellegent like you!!!!!

"QSL Old Man, Hi Hi Hi, You're five by... Let's chew the rag. Was chewing the rag with my Elmer the other day. And he's a lid!!! 73 Hi Hi Hi Hi Hi"

6. KB5YAI

KB5YAI Ham Member QRZ Page

CB lingo and bad language is prohibited by part 97 FCC regulations, CBer's won't last long before they get thier ticket pulled, and a big fat fine from the federal government. [​IMG]

7. N2MMM

N2MMM Ham Member QRZ Page

While I haven't operated on 11m or used CB lingo since I was a kid, CB lingo isn't in itself obscene. I'd like to see someone get an NAL for using it on the ham bands. You code lids crack me up. Heck, that loser with his stupid didahing on the SSB portion of 6m isn't even illegal.

8. AD4MG

AD4MG Banned QRZ Page

MMM - the gentleman you quote is a technician class operator.  I seriously doubt that he is a code lid.

Open mouth, insert foot there 'MMM?   [​IMG]

9. N2MMM

N2MMM Ham Member QRZ Page

Just bacause someone's a Tech, doesn't mean he don't do CW. Even I do CW and I'm a tech.

10. K4JF

While you are right, it is illegal, don't look for a lot of enforcement in that area. Most people today think obscenity is just fine. Look at the volumes we see on commercial TV every day! Or just walk through your local mall and listen!

11. KC7GNM

KC7GNM Ham Member QRZ Page

Show me where CB lingo is prohibited in Part 97. Apparently they must have changed it because I can't find it and I challenge you to find it. Next time do a little research before you post or better yet you should go back and retake your test because you just showed your ignorance on this forum. If CB lingo is prohibited then I guess all Ham lingo is prohibited as well. Also where are the big fat fines for the folks on 75m at? You don't see those guys getting fined much now do you?

12. K4JF

Like I said, just walk through your local mall and listen.

13. K4JF

Part 97 specifically prohibits the transmission of obscene or indecent language, false or deceptive messages and identification........  97.113(a)(4)

I think that about covers it.

14. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

True, but thats not CB lingo.

CB lingo for the most part is not obscene, it is inane, but not obscene.

No rule covers being stupid on the air.

Joe

15. K4JF

Do you not recognize the contradiction between that statement and your tagline?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.