ad: ProAudio-1

Double past search pull down boxes appear when searching ?

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by AG1B, Feb 4, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AG1B

AG1B Ham Member QRZ Page

Two past call search boxes appear when I try to seach a call. One box has 6 past calls and covers over part of the other box . Another ham has mentioned the same problem. Is this a setting ?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
  2. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Is that using the Search box near the top right? The second box with the six calls will disappear when you left click in any field of the larger box.

3. K1APJ

K1APJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here is a photo, I couldn't quickly find a way to take a proper screenshot; the lists close whenever another key is pressed.

10.jpg

4. K8VHL

I get exactly the same thing on my Win 10 box using Chrome if I first search for a non-existent call (meaning not listed on QRZ) and then try to search for another callsign in the original search box. Doing that brings up callsigns stored in our computer browser's cache. To avoid that, use the new larger search box that opened up on your screen after it couldn't find the first callsign.

WR2E likes this.
  5. AG1B

AG1B Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is a photo. A box with 6 past calls is on top of a box with 12 calls. Doesn't make sense.
    20240206_085018.jpg

6. NZ4X

NZ4X Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Swapmeet Lead QRZ Page

Place your cursor in the Enter Query box,refresh (F5) and the overlay should disappear.

7. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I believe the box with the six calls is coming from your browser 'history' settings, it's not coming from QRZ. I'm not sure how to enable/disable that feature though.

What browser are you using?

K8VHL likes this.
  8. K8VHL