ad: CQMM-1

Cuban Government Jamming 40 meter US HAM BAND

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by K4KKC, Jul 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You used the word 'system" five (5) times in nine sentences; systemically, that is. ;)

KO4ESA likes this.
  2. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Just wondering if you could try having an original thought. Hard to figure out if your a human or a robot sometimes.

NM5XD and KM4FVI like this.
  3. W8MRL

W8MRL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, since neither you nor I have any control in the matter of the intentional jamming there are really only three options 1) Turn your VFO 2) turn off the radio or 3) try to work through the jamming. Not a single thought, comment, meme, nor any action by you or me will have any effect on the situation. So, choose option 1 or 2 or 3. It's very simple.

KO4ESA likes this.
  4. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Thinking you have no say or control in any situation is defeatist. The smallest contribution can be the largest in the rearview. Its like saying all we can do is hope but in fact hope is for those already defeated.

KF4ZKU, N1SER, NM5XD and 5 others like this.
  5. K4KKC

K4KKC Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    KF4ZKU, K0UO, KM4FVI and 2 others like this.
  6. KO4ESA

KO4ESA Ham Member QRZ Page

W9JEF and (deleted member) like this.
  7. KO4ESA

KO4ESA Ham Member QRZ Page

We do have control of making people aware of the situation and caring about others. If nothing else sharing information will show Cubans living in amerika that we care about them. That means a lot in this world we currently live in.
    KO4ESA
    WRJR757

KF4ZKU, N1SER, W9JEF and 5 others like this.
  8. KG5RKP

KG5RKP Ham Member QRZ Page

KO4ESA and KA0HCP like this.
  9. W4ISB

W4ISB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Still going on right now. Seems to be a bit weaker today or maybe poor propagation due to thunderstorms in the area.

I listen to the 40m band on my IC-705 with an AL-705 magnetic loop antenna. The magnetic loop antennas have a lower noise floor compared to my EFHW antenna. Another reason why I might not getting as strong jamming signals to some others reporting the jamming.

KO4ESA likes this.
  10. PY2NEA

PY2NEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Bearded commies ran out of fuel, donkey powered alternators, QRP

Oliver

KO4ESA, KZ2J and (deleted member) like this.
  11. KH6CT

KH6CT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Anyone have an idea what might be causing this mess ? It's only on 40M, no other band. Been steady for maybe two weeks now; never stops or wavers in freq. No new appliances or electrical changes in the house.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Steve KH6CT RFI Noise.jpeg

12. AE5IS

AE5IS Ham Member QRZ Page

WA7ARK and W4NNF like this.
  13. KM4DY

KM4DY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Reporting interference in the bands is not political, the frequencies do not belong to any person or to any specific government. Many colleagues on the radio have identified where this interference is coming from. we as radio amateurs have to help the radio spectrum to stay clean of these things. Please be aware of what is happening on the radio ,,, thank you 73

W4DRO, KO4ESA, W7ASA and 4 others like this.
  14. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The new ARRL news letter did not even say a word about the jamming and they have a big VO team now
    a few people even called the ARRL about it look in some of the post
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/the-arrl-letter-july-15-2021.772352/page-2

W4DRO and KO4ESA like this.
  15. KG5RKP

KG5RKP Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not talking about the ARRL newsletter - the IARU isn't a news gathering organization. Looking to the newsletter or calling the ARRL are not the way we report interference.

To get the results we expect, we have to speak their language and follow their processes. Some day, someone else will call the ARRL, some tech will hit the interference database, and report back "huh - we don't have any reports of jamming - are you sure it wasn't noise from your powerline router?"

KO4ESA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.