ad: HamHats-1

BridgeCom Systems BCH-220 HT for 220 MHz now shipping

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC0QVT, Oct 20, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I didn't expect to get a response right from the horse's mouth! I think I'll end up ordering a couple of these. I always believe in supporting ham-run businesses. Thanks for your time.
    Eric

2. AI6MC

AI6MC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

....just a follow up after a few months of use.
    I am very satisfied with this radio. Just the other day, I was in the car and heard someone call out on the local repeater, no one answered him back so I thought I would try using the handheld from inside my car. No problem! It hit the repeater and we were able to make contact. I'm not claiming that the receiver is the worlds best... but it works when I want it to so to me its a great handheld. Thanks Bridgecomsystems for producing such a nifty handheld in 220.

KC5HWB and KC9UDX like this.
  3. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Unfortunately due to time constraints I haven't had much opportunity to use mine, but when I have, it worked well. Certainly worth the price. I'd buy again if I had to.

4. W5LMM

W5LMM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

BRIDGECOM we need an ALL MODE for 220

KC0QVT and KC9UDX like this.
  5. KB0DBJ

KB0DBJ Ham Member QRZ Page

We tried a Bridgecom HT & the receiver was simply horrible.

6. KC0QVT

KC0QVT Ham Member QRZ Page

Please explain your findings. What do you mean by horrible receiver, poor range, too open, etc? Thank you.

7. KB0DBJ

Not selective enough, too prone to overload. Could barely hear our repeater 3 miles away. I tested it against my arsenal of 220 HTs including a Yaesu FT-33, Icom 3AT, Baofeng UV-82, Kenwood TH-F6A & even my YLs Yaesu FT-60 which even isn't designed to receive 220, and the BCH-220 by far had the worst receiver. The UV-82 is much cheaper & dual band btw.
    I think Bridgecom is a good company & as one of our club officers said, this product does not fit their reputation.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  8. KB0DBJ

Where ? We can't get enough gear here !