ad: elecraft

BridgeCom Systems BCH-220 HT for 220 MHz now shipping

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC0QVT, Oct 20, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KC0QVT

KC0QVT Ham Member QRZ Page

October 20 2015

BridgeCom Systems, Inc

Phone: (816)532-8451 E-Mail: tim@BridgeComSystems.com

Press Release: NEW BCH-220 Handheld Radio Now Shipping

______________________________________________________________________________

Bridgecom Systems, Inc is pleased to announce the BCH-220 Handheld radio for the amateur radio market is now shipping.

Introducing the BCH-220 Handheld radio. It operates between 222-225 MHz, 1.25m, and features user selectable 5 or 2 Watts. Other features included: LCD Display, DTMF Keypad, 199 channels, 50 CTCSS/105 DCS, durable, good battery life, light weight at 230 grams and it is a perfect size to fit in the palm of your hand. For a full list of features and a specs visit http://www.bridgecomsystems.com/products/bch-220 or call 816-532-8451.

Bridgecom Systems, Inc. was established in 2004 and is located in Smithville, MO. We specialize in the development of communications equipment for land mobile radio and remote monitoring industries. Our first product to market was an analog FM community repeater available in both UHF and VHF. Since that time, we developed an LTR controller and a new repeater series called the BCR available in UHF, 220 MHz and VHF. Bridgecom Systems signature product is called TL-NET. TL-NET is a multi-site wide area linking product that links RF sites including: LTR, conventional, digital, P25 and more. As a third-party developer for MOTOTRBO products, TL-NET also allows for various enhancements to MOTOTRBO digital repeaters operating in IP-Site connect mode.

In addition, we offer concept to reality engineering for your design and manufacturing needs. Our services include electronic and software engineering and complete turn-key communication solutions.

As the industry evolves we are committed to developing outstanding products that meet our customers' needs.

BridgeCom Systems, Inc

102 NE State Route 92 Hwy, Ste C

Smithville, MO 64089

www.BridgeComSystems.com

(816)532-8451

Attached Files:

WM9F likes this.
  2. KI4YZN

KI4YZN Ham Member QRZ Page

How much money are we talking about????

3. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

And where is it made?

4. KC9UDX

:eek::eek::eek: $85!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I wonder if it's a rebranded Baofeng or Wouxun with custom firmware or something.

5. KC9UDX

I guess I'll find out about it. The video sure didn't tell me anything.

6. KB0HAW

KB0HAW Ham Member QRZ Page

Is this a paid commercial announcement? ...just wonderin'.

K1FBI likes this.
  7. WA7SGS

WA7SGS Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like a rebranded cheap Chinese HT to me. An UV-82X will cost less.

Rick

8. KC9UDX

But a UV-82X is a dual-band radio. A mono-band may theoretically have a better receiver. I'll find out.

Nice Avatar, Rick!

Matt

9. KK2DOG

KK2DOG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

10. KC0QVT

KC0QVT Ham Member QRZ Page

I see some questions that I can help answer. The radio is manufactured in China to BridgeCom's specs. It is $85, as you'll see on the web page, and can be purchased there too. It is not a rebranded Baofeng or Wouxun radio. We believe the specs liken it to a quality, less costly, commercial radio geared for the 220 ham radio user. One thing BridgeCom will not do is put our name on something we don't believe has good quality. We believe we have a good reputation because of our repeaters and good customer service.
    Sorry the video was limited. It was filmed with the first working prototype and was to demonstrate that the radio was "real" to our pre-order customers. We intend on having a basic radio programming video in the future. This is not a paid advertisement, but a press release to announce the radios availability. Also, we will have the radio out at Hamfests throughout the year, beginning 11/14 at the Fort Wayne Hamfest. See our schedule for more details.
    Thanks for all the questions. I'll try to answer any others that end up here.
    Regards,
    BridgeCom Systems

NL7W, KD4AYU, K7LZR and 3 others like this.
  11. KE5EUA

KE5EUA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The radios look nice. Time will tell on the performance.

In the testing video when the radios started exhibiting feedback it was stated it's because of the dummy load. I only hope the person making the video isn't in charge of engineering as it was clearly an audio feedback, heck when the audio on the mobile was turned up it got worse. Also, no call sign identification when testing, what's up with that?

You state is is MIC equipment but to your specs, once CHIRP has compatibility for the radio we'll know if it is just Baofeng / Wouxun internals in a new case.

12. KC9UDX

That could easily be done outside of the video. That's what I would do.

Not necessarily. If the hardware is the same, the firmware could well be different, so from software it would likely look different.

KC0QVT likes this.
  13. W5LMM

W5LMM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi, I like so many others would be interested in an ALL-MODE radio for 220, why is nobody making them?

14. AI6MC

AI6MC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I received the BCH-220 the other day. Everything was in the package that was supposed to be other than any type of instruction sheet. Apparently, you have to use the downloadable manual which was easy to find along with the software application used to program via computer.
    So far, I have found the handheld easy to program. Menu's items are only 1 level deep and easy to use.
    I managed to program in our local 220 repeater and made contact with no problems.
    It also has FM to listen to your favorite music if you want.
    I also like the way it feels in my hand. Comes with a belt clip but small enough to fit in a pocket.
    The speaker does not sound tinny. It comes across clear and understandable.
    More expensive than a Baofeng but coming from the "show me" state, it has great promise.
    So far, so good.

KE4AHP and KC0QVT like this.
  15. KV3D

KV3D Ham Member QRZ Page

Because they made them in the past and sales were not at all adequate. There just aren't enough people interested in SSB and CW on 220. That's why the big three just keep pumping out 144/440 FM stuff...because it's what sells.