ad: QuirkyQRP-1

Amateur Radio Parity Act Now in Senate!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W8LV, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Because you were the one that said they were hoping it would die so they could reword it. ;)

2. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

I may be wrong but I get the feeling you don't like HOAs.

fortunately, you have no influence on how they are managed.

3. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Fortunately, through the Rule of Law, they can be reigned in, and they know it.

4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

No,

You are asking why they (ARRL) is proceeding given the inanity of continuing with HR555 as worded...

GET A RESPONSE FROM THEM. Notice they have NEVER responded to the critiques of the wording. Look. You will not find.

The effort is being driven by a voice over actor who calls himself an activist. He is the one, who for the most part, is shmoozing, IMO, to get this passed. If you think there is a-- team-- of ham advocate lawyers doing it, fine detailing wording, assessing risk, and hoofing through the Senate, think again.

5. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Vegas would be nice right now. "It's a dry heat."

Nope, i'm here sweating in 90% humidity in Oakley-Homa. Pool here is like bath water and i'm sure yours is the same. :)

6. K1VSK

They have more influence than an obscure group of hobbyists.
    Change happens only because the residents act to change it, not you or any other external group who try to interfere in the lives of other people.

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

YIKES!

KC8VWM likes this.
  8. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

That's why I like Toronto. You should try to book something there... Very Clean, Nice Subway. Lake Ontario. And Pools, not slow cookers. No Thugs carrying Tech-9's. Very Strange Money, though... It's Plastic. Just doesn't fold right. Pretty, though.

To get out of all of that heat, and those Scorpions, and God, I HATE Scorpions, Just grab your Passport and add a "/VE3" on the end of your callsign, and you're all set!

73 and All the Best!
    DE W8LV Bill
    (And Sometimes: W8LV/VE3)

KC8VWM likes this.
  9. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I used to live in Toronto too. Grew up there. :)

Then I moved to Columbus, Ohio to get my 8 call and then I moved here to Tulsa. Lots of heat here today.

I remember the TTC and the GO train was nice. Woodbine beach is nice too, but always found Lake Ontario water was always too cold. Yeah the money is strange, but I prefer using Canadian Tire money anyways. :D:p

KC8VWM / VE3 lol

W8LV and W2QL like this.
  10. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

And they have the Real Tim's, not the Fake Tim's.

Will the Leafs ever get the Cup in our Lifetime?

Or will HOA's be placed on The Great Scrap Heap of History first?

Time will tell...

KC8VWM likes this.
  11. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

No...they are interfering with US...and it's gonna Stop.

12. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Nothing Doing, the HOA says... ;-)

KC8VWM likes this.
  13. K1VSK

Millions live in HOAs. People are buying and builders can't keep pace with demand which drives market value higher. Get on board or get out of the way. And, by the way, wishing only comes true in fairy tales. It isn't "gonna stop". And living your life based on having inanimate objects like an antenna is frankly quite sad.

Like in previous iterations, it should be clear this Bill will die in Committee as it should.

14. KB9ZB

KB9ZB Ham Member QRZ Page

This is not the best bill every written, but it is a good place to start. We need some help and every little bit helps. There is no such thing as a bill that does everything, however there are compromise bills and this is one of them. IF IT PASSES, it gives us a foot in the door. That s why I hope it passes.
    By the way, for those of you who have an issue with this bill, Try writing one !!! It is not easy at all !!!!!

W8LV and KC8VWM like this.
  15. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

...to realize what you WANT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.