ad: Alphaant-1

Amateur Radio Parity Act Now in Senate!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W8LV, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KB8MMJ

KB8MMJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well to bad you don't live in michigan Gov Snyder pass the prb-1 bill 0493 public act 556 HOA MUST ALLOW ANTENNAS

2. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

And CC&R's?

3. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, it is. I have read many, many covenants that have absolutely no control over antennas. Many don't even mention any accessory structures at all.

4. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

And the ones that do?

5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

AT THE DAYTON hamvention 'Antenna Regulation Forum' , K1VR gave a watertight dissection of HR 505, as worded , and showed that it WOULD END HAM RADIO as we know it.

There were NO dissenting arguments on his analysis.

I WAS THERE.

WHERE WERE YOU ??

6. KW1NG

KW1NG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What does HR505 have to do with the Parity act or Amateur Radio? KW1NG

Summary: H.R.505 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Information (Except Text)
    Listen to this page
    There are 2 summaries for H.R.505.

Bill summaries are authored by CRS.

Shown Here:
    Passed House amended (01/31/2017)

Border Security Technology Accountability Act of 2017

(Sec. 2) This bill amends the Homeland Security Act of 2002 to require the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to: (1) ensure that each border security technology acquisition program that is determined to be a major acquisition program has an acquisition program baseline approved by the relevant acquisition decision authority; (2) document that each such program is meeting the cost, schedule, and performance thresholds specified in such baseline in compliance with relevant departmental acquisition policies and the Federal Acquisition Regulation; and (3) have a plan for each such program to meet program implementation objectives by managing contractor performance.

The Under Secretary for Management and the Commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection is required to ensure that border security technology acquisition program managers adhere to relevant internal control standards identified by the Government Accountability Office. The Commissioner shall provide information to assist the Under Secretary in monitoring proper program management of such acquisition programs.

The Under Secretary for Management, in coordination with the Under Secretary for Science and Technology and the Commissioner, shall submit a plan for testing and evaluation, as well as for the use of independent verification and validation resources, for border security technology so that new border security technologies are evaluated through a series of assessments, processes, and audits to ensure compliance with relevant departmental acquisition policies and the Federal Acquisition Regulation and the effectiveness of taxpayer dollars.

"Major acquisition program" means a DHS acquisition program that is estimated by DHS to require an eventual total expenditure of at least $300 million over its life cycle cost.

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

The Hamvention talk in 2017 is where Fred showed HR505 is fatal. Not this one (you show).

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Go suck an egg. If you wat to correct the parity act typo bill number than do so.

I am in a slot canyon and its 100 degrees.

9. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Probably Gazing at the US Tower Cuties...

73 and All the Best!
    DE W8LV Bill

10. KK5JY

What about them? More importantly, why should we support a bill that penalizes hams who live with CC&R that allow antennas, for the mythical benefit of the hams who choose to live with CC&R that restrict antennas? To each his own. Live where you can exercise the freedoms you care about. That principle applies to more than just antennas, btw.

11. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

So basically there's no such thing as antenna restrictions and antenna bans in HOA's and you have absolutely no idea why there's a bill existing in the Senate in the first place.

W8LV likes this.
  12. KK5JY

I assume you are talking about 555? If so, do you have a link to any kind of summary or YouTube of that forum?

13. KK5JY

Well, no, that's not what I'm saying at all. Where did you get that? :rolleyes: You're making the same logic mistake you did earlier, except in the opposite direction now.

Many is not the same as all. Some is not the same as all.

Yes, there are CC&R that restrict antennas. There are plenty that do not restrict antennas. Many hams have outdoor antennas, and live in a CC&R property. CC&R does not mean "no antennas."

14. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmmm Seems like the ARRL Attorney didn't have a problem with HIS wording.

PASS THE BILL.

73 and All the Best!
    DE W8LV Bill

15. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Of COURSE I MEAN HR 555. Typo as stated.

I just explained my QTH...I switched to voice recognition.

You would have to ask others for that link. IF Hamvention taped the forums.

WHY don't you guys ask K1VR to be on one of the PODCASTS and you can ask him yourself.

I am in a slot canyon in Pine Creek, Zion, testing a new portable fractal metamaterial antenna that uses grazing angle off the cliff faces to access the carrier networks and wifi. Working very well but it is damn hot; so hot the phone is getting too warm to touch comfortably.

Enough. I am hiking out.NNNN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.