2017 Route 66 On The Air 9/9 to 9/17, 2017

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events' started by W6CJL, Sep 5, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks, Joe. Need to get W6A, C,D and E to come up on 40M SSB for us on the West Coast.
    Got T a few days ago on 40SSB

2. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just picked up O. 8 more to go 40M seems to be working best.

3. WA6MHZ

What is torpedoing me is all these meetings!!! MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY I have had nightly meetings that canceled working the stations. I see where they were on and it would have been an easy contact had I been home with the KILLERWATT. Tried on W6O again last night mobile, NO GO!!! 7 to go. Not looking good unless I can knock out some Friday evening. Saturday is our Radio Club picnic, but fortunately we are only 1/2 block from my house, so if needed I can quickly drive home to work them. Monitoring the DX SUMMIT religiously!!!
    Also being killed by all the FT8 operations. I DON'T HAVE FT8 and have no idea how to use it. I do RTTY and PSK31!!! W6O was on FT8 again early this morning so I was SOL again!!!
    Starting to Panic as Time is running out FAST!!!!

4. K2DFC

K2DFC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

W6D was on 20 and 40 last night. Big pileup. Got her on 20 only by dumb luck. She changed frequency and no body knew where. I stumbled on before the first spot went out.

Now W6L is a whole other story. Again, many false spots. People were working W6M and someone spotted him as L. So of course many have L in their log when in fact they worked M. Also another false spot for L on 40 CW. No one there but people were calling anyway.

So only one more to go. Bot L a no show after 5 full days.

5. KG5THG

KG5THG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This contest has been a lot of fun. Some of these stations have been hard to work (being so close to them).

6. K2DFC

FINALLY!!! W6L is on the air. Pileup isn't as bad as I expected. Only took about 20 minutes. Most likely because it's middle of the afternoon. That's all of them.

7. KN4BPX

KN4BPX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

W6D was impossible for me last night. I had a good signal from her for quite awhile, but I wasn't able to get through to her. Eventually she just faded into the noise.

I was having the same sort of luck with W6L today (including someone bleating CW on the frequency, and keying down for extended periods of time). I finally switched over to my G5RV and got picked up on my second call.

Four more left to go.

8. N5TWB

N5TWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just did a 3-hour run as W6L on 20 meters and logged 211 stations. I'll be back after supper to check to see if the noise on 40 has gone down and go for another run either there or 20mtrs.

9. K2DFC

And we thank you. You gave many of us the last one needed for the event.

10. WA6MHZ

MY radio club meeting tonight gets over around 8 or so. Hope U are still on as I will have a big signal out of the West Coast to try and nab U.

N5TWB likes this.