ad: vanity

2017 Route 66 On The Air 9/9 to 9/17, 2017

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events' started by W6CJL, Sep 5, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That would be a great event Pat... U.S. 80 is second only to Route 66 in historical significance.

U.S. route 80 was actually commissioned before Route 66 in 1926. (Route 66 was commissioned in November of 1926)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_80

Steve / W5BIB

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  2. AD5HR

AD5HR Ham Member QRZ Page

Google the "Lincoln Highway", old U.S. #30.
    I think it was started in 1913, and went 3400 Miles or so from the East coast to West.
    Grew up a couple miles from the "Seedling Mile" the first mile of paved road on
    the stretch.
    In the mid to late Fifties we would drive on the original red brick pavers.
    Any activation of a historic highway should be celebrated, good luck to ALL
    the route 66'ers

W5BIB likes this.
  3. W6NYA

W6NYA Ham Member QRZ Page

The bands were much better today! Plenty of activity for the Route 66 Event!

4. N7BLA

N7BLA Ham Member QRZ Page

screamed and hollowered last night all the stations were 20+i guess i could not talk across the styreet

5. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I knocked out 8 stations until a massive solar flare hit again this morning!!! No no Route 66 today, maybe will recover tonight

6. WA6MHZ

many stations using FT8. HEY what about good old fashioned RTTY and PSK31? I don't have FT8 yet.

7. K2DFC

K2DFC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sunday afternoon and still no sign of W6Q and U. Missing a few others but at least saw some cluster activity. Also not on FT8. Only place I've seen "I" listed.

8. WA6MHZ

Sucking this year on contacts. ONLY 8 stations worked several days into the event and time running out in a hurry.

I am also IMPLORING the California stations W6A through E to go on 40 or 75 during the day so we local stations have a shot at U. Also the ROVERS S and T as well. You are all 2 close to work on 20 meters where the majority remain most of the time, I am watching DX Summit and my mobile HF station is ready to go at a moments notice to nab these stations. I take this event very seriously!!!!

9. W6NYA

W6NYA Ham Member QRZ Page

I operated shifts as W6C on 40 meters yesterday and Saturday between 4-7 pm local time here in Ca (as well as shifts on 20 meters). Both shifts logged about 50 contacts or so per hour with pretty good propagation results. Some pretty good pile-ups. But prior to 2pm local time yesterday the bands were crushed by the X flare event. I spot W6C on the "My DX Summit" Page when I begin my shift and I update it when changing frequencies. I see you are in the San Diego Area--I did log one San Diego station yesterday on 40M, but the vast majority of the Ca stations I logged were north of me. Did you see the W6C spots on the spotter page this weekend? I'll keep my ears open for you this week. Most of my shifts going forward are on 20 meters but if I get a spare hour or so and no one else has the shift on 40 I'll put some extra time in there. I had 40 m contacts as W6C saturday and sun (late afternoon-early evening) from as close as 5 miles away to as far away as Alaska-NY, RI, Delaware, Virgina, etc with plenty in between. I think I tallied 24 states on yesterday's 40 meter 3 hour shift so propagation did improve, finally. Again--I'll keep an ear out for you :)

Jim
    W6NYA

10. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

How about a Lincoln Highway (RT 30) event