ad: Radclub22-1

KZ8O fined $22,000 by the FCC for intentional interference

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WS2L

WS2L Guest

This is a shame, the rules are so easy to follow yet people constantly want to push things. If he did the crime he can pay the fine.

2. N6JPG

N6JPG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Amen to that!

3. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

I have to be honest. From what I have read over the years and months about that frequency, one of the largest and biggest offender (to me) is the nut job in Canada. Sure there are individuals that spar and jam each other on that frequency but I don't get too concerned about it. KZ8O has been in the "newspapers" for years and don't fully understand teh $22K amount, nor the $11K amount when I look at K1MAN's activities in which he broadcasted daily for years. The fine seemed small to me (never did understand what gage generates what NAL amount).

I hope moreso, that the clown in Canada is shut down for good (understand something behind the scenes is in work with him) as he (again, to me) is the biggest antagonist on the air and the foulest mouth and the most disgusting individual I have ever heard. The other sparring individuals I think will lose interest and move on (WA4D ring a bell?).

Anyway, whatever the outcome for these two individuals, I wish them well no matter what. I just hope the Fed crack the other more serious eggs out there including working with Canada to clean up Canada's image with NA and the world as well. Otherwise, this is just tickling them and a more serious paddling is needed of other individuals out there.

KE9RY was written up not long ago if I recall (about the same frequency issue) and I understand he has "straigthened up" a bit.
    Good for him.
    Everyone sometimes needs a reminder and a second chance, if they are willing to do the right thing.
    It's the ones that thumb their nose and continue on with their nonsense, eventually, it catches up with them, and yeah, sometimes in 10 years, 15 years, whatever.

It is said it comes to this extreme measure but the bands lack general enforcement/policing as it is. There is only so much an op can do except contact the FCC about it.

I remember KV4FZ and now he is more or less just a contester. Glad he resolved his issues. At least he is enjoying the hobby.

I think as some of these folks age, the "fun" in doing these antics loses interest and they move on.

Perhaps we will see some other folks out there in the near future that are just as "bad" being noticed. If they think the Feds are monitoring, then perhaps things may settle down.

I think Laura said it right come time ago. They are acting childish and need to grow up. How true.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
  4. KM4AH

KM4AH Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't understand this fascination with a couple of notorious frequencies. It's like ya'll are watching a soap opera or something. Moth to the flame sort of thing. There are countless frequencies that are hardly ever QRM'ed. Yet, you guys seem to want to listen to the ones that are and then complain about it. When the FCC cleans it all up I guess you will have to find some other entertainment.

5. WA8LGM

WA8LGM Ham Member QRZ Page

"And another one bites the dust, and another one's gone and another one's gone and another one bites the dust.--- "Another one Bites the Dust" ---Queen

"I'm too smart for 'em. They'll never catch me." Famous last words.
    Yeah, sure. Right.

6. 2E0PKT

2E0PKT Guest

Some cheap equipment for sale soon

7. NQ6U

NQ6U Ham Member QRZ Page

You're confused.

First off, please do not take me for a Karol Madera apologist; I am not. While I have never seriously monitored 14.313 MHz, just reading his Web site leads me to believe the guy has "issues."

That said, however, everything I've read about Mr. Madera seems to suggest that what he's done for the most part has not been in violation of Canadian amateur radio regulations, other than possibly running a linear amplifier that exceeded Industry Canada's limits for spurious emissions. Not exactly a hangin' offense in anyone's book. He has allegedly threatened one or more U.S. officials with bodily harm which, if true, would put him at odds with US criminal law, although not necessarily with the law in his country of residence. In any case, that's not the issue under discussion here and is something for the U.S. and Canadian governments to work out together.

On the other hand, the "individuals that spar and jam each other on that frequency" are clearly in violation of Part 97 of the Communications Act of 1937, as amended, by deliberately interfering with the communications of other hams and by failing to identify as required by the regulations. Yet, you "don't get too concerned about it." This suggests your priorities are a bit skewed, to say the least.

Here's some advice to you or anyone else who's bothered by what VE7KFM says on the air: if you don't like it, just spin the big knob. No matter how offensive you may find his words, that is not an excuse break the rules.

8. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

Sorry, I have heard his recordings on You TUbe, read the info on the web and it is pretty disgusting....to put it mildly...he belongs in jail from the threats and off color stuff he has said....

PS: I don't hang out there, but we all hear about it in various forums, and on the web. I just hope the entire bunch straigthen up...period..

You shouldn't hang out there, you might be tempted to participate...hand off the PTT button now!

I don't support either bunch/side, but the Canadian Clown much much less for sure....

9. K4LSX

K4LSX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

quite good news, this and the K3VR story...maybe there is some hope for the actions of the FCC and the future of ham radio...unfortunately they got a lot of other work to do...

10. WB4TJH

WB4TJH Ham Member QRZ Page

he judge should give clowns like this five years in the federal pen. That would assure that for at least those 5 years he would be off the air.

11. W3DUB

W3DUB Ham Member QRZ Page

Guess 3VR's big to do when it comes to being an "upstanding citizen" is over. My question is when they'll finally nail N1FM. Get rid of all of them. Then again, he's already gotten letters. Wonder what's going to be written on their little website next. God it's been what six years and they're still writing about me. Kind of funny when I have people come up to me and say "you're famous" .. Lol ham radio has a way of making people think they're more important than they really are.

a great day in ham radio.

12. AC0VJ

AC0VJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks FCC!

13. KK4YDR

KK4YDR Ham Member QRZ Page

Agreed! We have absolutely detrimental constitutional rights. I think a $22,000 fine is quite a whopper. He should 1. Pay his fine and 2. receive his license back after retaking test like any one else. A second offense would be appropriate to 1. take his license permanently 2. another major fine. But the property is HIS, HE OWNS IT, PAID FOR IT, and the government has no privilege to his equipment. Now if he sold drugs using his HAM equipment that would be a different offense altogether. If he did a 3rd offense then a misdemeanor should be applied and he spent appropriate time in jail/and fined/and since his license is revoked from offense 2. He wont be on the air anyways. But we certainly should stop demanding more government intervention and offering more permanent transfer of liberty and rights to government.

14. AC2FO

AC2FO Ham Member QRZ Page

Bingo Agree 100% They use Karol as an excuse to act like idiots.

15. W3DUB

W3DUB Ham Member QRZ Page

Exactly, and then use that as an excuse to harass other folks. Personally, I think K3VR's use of a Mailbox store as his address is a CLEAR reason why rules should be changed to mandate that your license address should be to where you TRANSMIT FROM. If you're not doing anything untoward or illegal, you have nothing to worry about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.