ad: UR5CDX-1

Village of Kenmore adds $1000 permit fee for amateur radio antennas

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KD2BHP, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KD2BHP

KD2BHP Ham Member QRZ Page

I have published the files here http://wp.me/p41cVo-f1

2. KD2BHP

KD2BHP Ham Member QRZ Page

If you tried this earlier today the image links were broken... I think I have them fixed... caching engine on the site needed a kick...

3. KB2URI

KB2URI Ham Member QRZ Page

W O W...... So Glad I live .25mi south of Kenmore!

4. K2PH

K2PH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the link. Aside from the obvious misspellings, the proposed law only has about a dozen or so violations of PRB-1. It appears that whoever wrote the law glanced at PRB-1, but not the court cases that came out of it. The mere mention of "balancing" runs contrary to most of the court cases. And of course, the limitation of one antenna per ham at a cost of $1000 for a permit application.....wow. Just wow.

5. KC8YHW

KC8YHW Ham Member QRZ Page

When I first got interested in Amateur Radio I was a Preteen how would a twelve year old kid come up with the antenna permit of One thousand dollars? My parents could or would never have funded such an extravagant hobby. Life will get in the way of many budding kids that would need more than a casual interest in Radio science, they would need a bankroll also. This is not a balancing building code effort, it is a denial by cost.

6. N4AAB

N4AAB Ham Member QRZ Page

Toss that city's mayor and council in prison. They are harming America.

7. KK4BNE

KK4BNE Ham Member QRZ Page

The way that law is worded, it prohibits ALL amateur radio equipment, not just antennas. The law is so poorly worded, it defines an amateur radio antenna as any equipment or device that is used for the purpose of transmitting and/or receiving radio signals in conjunction with an amateur radio station licensed by the FCC.
    That means that any equipment that a licensed amateur is using as a part of his shack is considered to be an Amateur Radio Antenna. The radio, a balun, the power supply, all of it. That means that a power supply, radio, a balun, and a vertical would each constitute an antenna.

8. KC8YHW

KC8YHW Ham Member QRZ Page

KD2BHP From the working on page "4" of the Muni code they have already assumed that it is valid, Section "3". It does not say what the actions would be if the State rejects the whole code. Only those parts the State has problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.