ad: ProAudio-1

Shakeup at the ARRL Hudson Division

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by WI2M, Mar 29, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WI2M

WI2M Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree 49 bucks for a show. Good outlook. New Stadium in Elmont now.

KE0GXN likes this.
  2. KK7LTI

KK7LTI Ham Member QRZ Page

How could this 'event' be so horrible in this little world and cause such excitement in so many adults? I didn't realize what a tangled weave of deceit, subterfuge and general misbehavior permeates the ARRL. Somebody should pen some pulp fiction.

3. WI2M

WI2M Ham Member QRZ Page

All kidding aside its not top news on the national circuit I agree but it is important to us Hams as its our national organization. Don't settle especially if you pay your yearly dues or even more so if your a life member.

4. N4NXD

N4NXD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

They don't like competition. What business does.

In all seriousness, what does the ARRL actually accomplish? Lobbying for ham radio? That's a good one. In a day and age where the FCC is owned by the telecom cartels who have billions at their fingertips to buy whatever RF spectrum, if AT&T, VZW and T-Mo wanted any ham band, they'll get it. The FCC is known as "radio spectrum sales and leasing llc".

I haven't seen the league do anything but prove that hams are our own worst enemies. I see it sad that a young lady does a good thing by publishing her own stuff, and rather than uplift her, and support her, they try to bring her down.

ARRL, you've once again reinforced why you'll never get a dime from me. Ever. "THE National resource for amateur radio" my ass. For those who say "we need them", we really don't. Every ham can electronically file a well written public comment on the FCC's ECFS when any NPRM or "threat" to the bands show up.

I mean, it's not like these puffed up leaguers drawing salaries hang out and play golf with John T. Stankey (CEO of AT&T), Hans Vestberg (VZW) or Mike Sievert of T-Mo and can "influence" anything on capital hill. The only thing they do is saber rattle amongst themselves, with members' money, and sell half out of date publications, most of which said information, can be found online for free.

KM5BOR, TECHNOVINCE, AE0MI and 2 others like this.
  5. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am curious, she was actually your Director……what is your thoughts on the whole thing?

Never could get into hockey growing up in NYC. Baseball, basketball and football were my games.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2023
  6. WI2M

WI2M Ham Member QRZ Page

I am more of a soccer guy and was hoping they would of built the soccer stadium for the local club now playing at Yankee Stadium but I guess money talks and the NHL had more. As for the Hudson Division matter. I never met her in person nor do I hold any office in the Divsion or section so I do not know what transpired but I can tell you this, upon on her election and reelection I found her to be engaging the members of the division via digital mediums ie email/zoom etc. She kept us informed. The original reason for my thread was the fact she resigned and if you looked at the hudson site it still listed the VD W2UDT who had resigned over a year earlier so it appeared no one was at the helm. Only after hams posted that in fact the VD spot was filled two months later but the membership was never informed directly. Some tried to defend it by saying its in this months edition of QST (12 months later) is not engaging the division members in my opinion. To what transpired with the books I have no clue. Wasnt the real focus of my video on my Channel. 73

KE0GXN likes this.
  7. WI2M

WI2M Ham Member QRZ Page

Speaking of threats to the spectrum rumors have started to surface regarding the FCC sniffing around the 1.2ghz band to cash in. So now would be the time to post comments! 73

8. KE0GXN

No worries. The new Icom 905 will take care of all that.

Many amateurs will drop the $3,500 bucks to buy it and 1.2 GHz will jammed pack with ham signals.

Problem solved.

9. WI2M

WI2M Ham Member QRZ Page

I sense some sarcasm But all kidding aside I advocate the use of the 1.2 ghz band all while doing it on a budget. I also posted the video on this topic on my YT page, link on my QRZ. 73

10. KE0GXN

Yes, I was being sarcastic.

Life is too short Joe, enjoy what you can when you can.

Can’t say 1.2GHz interests me, but hopefully it will interest others enough to keep it in the hobby.

WI2M likes this.