ad: M2Ant-1

Shakeup at the ARRL Hudson Division

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by WI2M, Mar 29, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. WI2M

WI2M Ham Member QRZ Page

Check out the latest News from the ARRL Hudson Division as Director Ria N2RJ posted her resignation. More on YouTube's Ham Radio on the GO. youtube/@hamradioonthego

2. KS2G

KS2G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Misinformation in the video -- The AD position in the Hudson Division is NOT vacant. As shown in the April edition of QST, Vice Director is Normar Vizcarrondo, NP4H.

AK9R likes this.
  3. WI2M

WI2M Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the update. I checked the ARRL website prior to making the video and it still showed W2UDT.

4. KS2G

KS2G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It appears that you checked the Division web site ... that the Director is responsible for keeping up to date ... and it isn't.

The ARRL website has the current information:
    https://www.arrl.org/divisions/view/hudson

Happy to help.

;)

KM4FVI and AK9R like this.
  5. WI2M

WI2M Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Mel for pointing us in the right direction! I await the email from the new Vice Director. Like I said in the video the ARRL is a valuable resource to myself & all Hams especially for those in a large and populated area such as the Hudson. 73

6. WI2M

WI2M Ham Member QRZ Page

Just one day after thie video was posted the ARRL has announced changes to the leadership at the Hudson Division.

7. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Shakeup at the ARRL Hudson Division

shake-up

1 of 2
    noun
    ˈshāk-ˌəp
    Synonyms of shake-up
    : an act or instance of shaking up
    specifically : an extensive and often drastic reorganization
    shake up

2 of 2
    verb
    shook up; shaken up; shaking up; shakes up
    transitive verb
    obsolete : chide, scold
    : to jar by or as if by a physical shock
    the collision shook up both drivers
    : IO9Nto effect an extensive and often drastic reorganization

Extensive and drastic?...REALLY?
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/shake-up

KA0HCP likes this.
  8. K5YDD

K5YDD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It seems like a very smooth transition to me. Not a shakeup. A simple resignation and replacement.

KA0HCP and K3XR like this.
  9. WI2M

WI2M Ham Member QRZ Page

On the surface yes but the back room? That's what the video was about. Thanks for your comments.

10. K5YDD

K5YDD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Too many people want make N2RJ's resignation, not to mention "book drama" into a major issue. It simply is not a major issue. As if we, members of the ARRL (amateurs in general), didn't already know that those who lead the ARRL are dolts and probably 65% or so should be shown the door.

KM4FVI, N4MB and KE0GXN like this.
  11. WI2M

WI2M Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow. Did you watch the video? Nowhere did it say Extensive or Drastic. You extrapolated that from the websters dictionary. The word shakeup was just used for the title for a video just getting the word out on the changing of the guard. What I'm learning about the feedback is far more valuable so thanks for your feedback 73

12. WI2M

WI2M Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree, for most it's not a major issue, but still needed to be brought to light. And if its an internal squabble thats fine but if it effects daily operations even a small issue as the web page not being updated for 14 months could there be other issues larger being ignored? If so we deserve better. Thats the point of the video

13. N5RLR

N5RLR Ham Member QRZ Page

Sad, unfortunate, and yet another setback for diversity in American Amateur Radio. However, I look forward to Ria’s further endeavors.

KM4LKC and K0UO like this.
  14. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The major issue, is the current Board overall.

N0TZU and KE0GXN like this.
  15. WI2M

WI2M Ham Member QRZ Page

If your fan, she is now on Shortwave 5050 khz.