ad: elecraft

Shakeup at the ARRL Hudson Division

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by WI2M, Mar 29, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Learn how to post links.

K3XR and K5YDD like this.
  2. WI2M

WI2M Ham Member QRZ Page

True. Thanks for pointing it out. Time was of the essense in this case. 73

3. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Really, just 65%?

4. K5YDD

K5YDD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am not familiar with all of them.

5. KE0GXN

Fair enough. Neither am I , but starting at the top, I also can’t say any of them have said or done anything that has impressed me either.

6. WI2M

WI2M Ham Member QRZ Page

After reading your bio, your opinion counts. Thanks for your service to the ARRL and the ham community. 73

K0UO likes this.
  7. K3DFD

K3DFD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So I'm an old Ham. I've been an ARRL member on and off since the middle ages ('75). Yeah, I know that in any human endeavor that has more than two people in it, politics rears is inevitable head. So my question remains, what do we expect from the ARRL or the RSGB (RAC, et.al.)? What do we want from them and are we willing to shell out dough and put up with the usual suspects and nonsense. I dunno. I really don't. I like that our hobby has a supposed organization to voice it's wants, needs, rights and desires but I'm pretty sure not having that officialdum wouldn't be an existential crisis.

8. WI2M

WI2M Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent outlook! I couldnt agree more, well said. 73

9. KB9MWR

KB9MWR Ham Member QRZ Page

I would have used the term shit show instead of shake up. But overall I don't really care. Its been a long while since I have supported the league, and a while since I really paid much attention to them. They don't really accompish much that I care about. Maybe someone should do a kick starter and start a ham radio publishing business to give them some competition or finish them off... Thats about all they seem to be doing these days.

10. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Apparently, the ARRL can be very responsive when it comes to threats against its revenue stream. Priorities….

N2RJ and K0UO like this.
  11. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That's the best post on this thread, it pretty much sums up the whole situation, you're right on.... ..

12. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

The sad part is - I wish I was wrong.

13. WI2M

WI2M Ham Member QRZ Page

End of the day no orginization is perfect but I believe we are better with them than without. I support the ARRL but we always need to demand better. Nothing wrong with that. 73

AC0GT and KE0GXN like this.
  14. KE0GXN

I agree.

At a minimum the $49 bucks a year gives us a front row ticket to the never ending soap opera.

By the way, I lived in Elmont for a second or two back in the day.

15. WB8VLC

WB8VLC Ham Member QRZ Page

Because the solarflux is dropping this week I need something else radio related to keep me from becoming bored so I'm spending my 49 bucks on something sensible, some popcorn and some Guinness.