ad: elecraft

Recent FCC Enforcement Actions

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KN7S, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KB2DX

KB2DX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You must be joking, either pay $20 a year for no ads or take it up with the site owner. Why would you say something like that about a reputable ham radio website?

Moving right along...

2. AB4D

AB4D QRZ Lifetime Member #415 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

It's great not seeing the ads. I agree, just pay the $20, block the ads and support the site. I seem to remember when I did see the ads, they were focused towards services or items I had previously searched. Once I was researching refrigerators, and I started seeing ads for appliances. Same thing when I was researching an automobile, I began to get automotive related ads. I've never seen ads on QRZ advertising "Thai women". Weird?

3. WA0VY

WA0VY Ham Member QRZ Page

Most sites personalize the ads you see based on what's in your cookies and browser history. As a result of this brilliant marketing scheme, i always see ads for things I already bought.

WA0VY

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  4. WB4CS

WB4CS Ham Member QRZ Page

Ads? What ads? And I'm not a paying member.

Google Chrome + AdBlock Extension = NO ADS.

Learn how to internet better ;)

5. KB2DX

KB2DX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

On each QRZ page, the ads on the left side are fixed, almost always ham radio related. The one on the right and on the bottom of any thread you see is revolving ads based on your browser history, and/or cookies in your browser from AdChoices which are Google ads for which QRZ has no control over. They are indicated with the AdChoices right triangle logo in the ad box.

Please see this for more information https://support.google.com/adsense/troubleshooter/1631343

6. KJ4RZZ

KJ4RZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

A law would most certainly work. After all, most CB operators for example are always within the legal limits. I'm sure they wouldn't dare buy illegal equipment.

7. WA8LGM

WA8LGM Ham Member QRZ Page

Glad to see that Uncle Charlie found his hammer at last. Yeay!! FCC.

8. KD5PUR

KD5PUR Ham Member QRZ Page

have not heard Uncle Charlie in years . good to know he is still here .
    kd5pnt

9. G7NTG

G7NTG Ham Member QRZ Page

not much enforcement here in the UK but luckily hf is not really affected - the ldiots are mostly on 2m

10. KF5SPZ

KF5SPZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Two meter direction finding...

Try using a couple of yaesu ft-60's , use triangulation and signal strength (two meter frequencies) until you get close to the interference; then remove the rubber antenna's and use 1 inch piece of wire until you are on top of it.. google direction finding if you are not familiar.. KF5SPZ

11. KA5PIU

KA5PIU Guest

License to buy radio equipment?
    I am sure all the Chinese places will address that promptly!
    One can buy a "frame kit" and a "parts kit" and build a gun in Texas.
    They sell both at flea markets, just not at the same table.
    I have no idea of how detailed the rules are but a darringer kit is the easiest.
    Now, to "build this, tap out some screw holes with the provided tap.
    Now, a radio "kit" could just as easy as solder the antenna connector in place or a Ramsey kit, where you actually put it together.
    And, to make this clear, I have put together Ten Tec kits and Dixie gun works kits, the goal was never to violate the law, but just to have fun.
    But, "build" a computer means something different to someone who would hang around SWTPCo and really build computers.
    I later went to Datapoint, and would Build computers.
    Most people buy this stuff already assembled, from China.
    Thank you.

12. KC9QYP

KC9QYP Ham Member QRZ Page

whos the person on 7185 in the early morning same issues "fred rogers" he call himself.. not very professional and not a good representation of our hobby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.